Worst Road Surface In Sheffield??

these two are awfull how come we pay road tax for roads we cant drive on :loopy:

There's no such thing as road tax. Roads are paid for out of general taxation.

Drive down Deerlands Avenue towards Barnsley Road, the worst i've ever seen

With the recent snow and ice i have noticed EVERY road i drive on in Sheffield has potholes, even the recently resurfaced ones.

I think the DVLA should introduce a new part for the hazard perception test on how to spot and avoid potholes safely.

I'm getting really fed up of pothole's now, it's a running joke with me and my work colleagues on how many potholes we see on our drive to work and whoever has the most wins.

Really? Or rubbish? Where exactly are these?

Woodholm Road, S11 - the road humps are a complete waste of time. The maximum speed bearable is 20mph.

it has to be stevenson road, attercliffe. Steel works and scrappy on the same road, very heavy traffic, theres humps and holes everywhere, impossible to dodge them even. Drive slowly or pay the price

Scores so far:-

6 mentions - Deerlands Ave, Archer Road

5 - Hartley Brook Rd

3 - London Rd/Heeley Bottom, Rockingham St, Little London Rd

2 - Woodholm Rd, Elm Lane, Rivilin Valley Rd, Birley Spa, Pond Street, Gleadless Rd, Morley St.

1 - Too many to mention

* It appears that there to be a trade-off between busy roads and side roads as we are progressively more offended as the road gets busier. Which is only right imo.

IMO Woodholm Rd is definitely worse than Archer Rd. (*see above)

The problem on Archer Rd near the corner by the off licence must get a spot prize as the single most mentioned pot-hole.

Morley Street (S6) - made the mistake of driving through to rivelin valley road last sunday (as traffic was stacked up on penistone). Never again. It was awful..there are potholes on top of potholes. Potholes on speed bumps - utterly horrendous to drive on. :|

I feel for those that have no choice but to drive that way...

Morley Street (S6) - made the mistake of driving through to rivelin valley road last sunday (as traffic was stacked up on penistone). Never again. It was awful..there are potholes on top of potholes. Potholes on speed bumps - utterly horrendous to drive on. :|

I feel for those that have no choice but to drive that way...

At least you didn't use it when the school's coming out - hell on earth!

IMO Woodholm Rd is definitely worse than Archer Rd. (*see above)

If it was still a bus route it would have been redone by now. Feel like I'm ruining my car bit by bit every time I drive down that road. They filled in a particularly bad one towards the bottom a month or so back, but patching up makes it worse and is not a long term fix.

If it was still a bus route it would have been redone by now. Feel like I'm ruining my car bit by bit every time I drive down that road. They filled in a particularly bad one towards the bottom a month or so back, but patching up makes it worse and is not a long term fix.

Barley Spa Lane is a bus route and that has not been done it is in a terrible condition.