Worst Road Surface In Sheffield??

Little London Road, as it approaches the junction with Woodseats Road. I regularly worry about drowning in one of the potholes when it's been raining heavily.

[/color]Rivelin Valley Road is pretty bad at the moment.

The worst section of road seems to the nearer towards Holme Lane. There is a section of road near the built up part of rivelin (near the park/fire station) where i am just juddering along for a good 5 minutes or so. Then again on the section just after the sharp S bend (the one with the camera just before it)

A leaflet was dropped through our door recently advising of works being done on Rivelin from Dec (although i am seeing no signs of anyone ) for around 7 months or so (obvs weather dependant). I assume that this includes resurfacing the road.

Campo Lane is another that is also awful both for driving along and especially cycling on.

ETA - I also want to add in Rails road coming down from Stannington. Also not helped by the atrocious drainage on the road. Coming around the bend when nearing rivelin is downright dangerous in icy weather. Gritting doesnt even help the situation as the water just washes any grit away.

Edited by small_hall

Deerlands Avenue and Hartley Brook Road.

Deerlands is appalling, especially with that fold / ridge just before it inclines near JobLot, it's a right combination for a damaged front end and suspension for any unsuspecting driver.

I ride a scooter and have to say after passing Rockingham Street from West Street down to Broad Lane, i'm worried i'll never have kids!

The worse one for me would be Spa Lane at Woodhouse, all that road is awful. It sends the bus and my mother in law's car funky.

coisley roundabout to woodhouse bad, but not as bad as the road from thornbury hospital to broomhill that is dangerous , full of potholes, and cyclists on flash push bikes,with no lights and no reflective gear they should be fined £150

#ill informed quote / rant, if you would like to put an (S )at the end of the red lettered council you enlarged I would be most grateful,......does it make more sense now for you.......ho ho ho merry xmas

Little London Road, as it approaches the junction with Woodseats Road. I regularly worry about drowning in one of the potholes when it's been raining heavily.

I think the whole bit from before reaching the railway bridge to Woodseats Rd is a nightmare. Great shortcut but in a sports car it really is no fun! I think it's down for 2017 for resurfacing :/

I think the whole bit from before reaching the railway bridge to Woodseats Rd is a nightmare. Great shortcut but in a sports car it really is no fun! I think it's down for 2017 for resurfacing :/

Agreed. It really doesn't help the experience that every few weeks the bit by the bridge gets dug up by Yorkshire Water. Presumably connected to that the streetlights around the bridge no longer work, so it's even worse after dusk.

Unfortunately, if it's going to continue to be dug up so often I can't see the new surface lasting very long.

Deerlands Avenue and Hartley Brook Road.

Hartley brook road is awful, absolutely smashes the van to bits going up there, also the road from crookes to fulwood is bad, been up both today.

A lot of roads in Roth/Sheffield are in a bad way.

Morley St S6 is the worst for me. With the pot holed speed bumps too.

This! It. Is. Awful.