Worst Road Surface In Sheffield??

My vote goes to Sheffield road I think it's called that cuts through from Birley to Moss Way. It's that bad it's actually dangerous as you spend more time studying the road surface than looking ahead. Great as there's also a primary school there as well. Worst actual pothole damage I've seen though was my neighbours car getting written off by a monster one on Constable Rd. It's been filled now but drivers beware, a couple more biggies have opened up on there.

Yes, along past the vets, it's very bad, but still pipped by Deerlands Avenue, on there you have to keep your wheels over the hundreds of patches as they're the smoothest bits!

As previously mentioned, Mill Rd Ecclesfield is very bad but thankfully short.

Well, the inevitable has finally happened, took wheel off car today to investigate annoying rattle and surprise, surprise busted spring. Thanks a bunch SCC. Someone needs to grab these clowns by the scruff of the neck and lay it down for them. Not one speed bump, chicane, bus lane/gate, 20 zone, bike race route or any other pet project happening until every single square inch of Sheffield roads has been resurfaced, properly! I know someone who did a tour in Afgan and he swears the road they were patrolling was in better nick than ours, for Christ's sake this is bloody scandalous.

Same thing happened to my girlfriend's car last year ... snapped the front n/s spring after hitting a pothole filled with water. From memory, I think the garage bill was around £150.00. The car was off the road for a few days too, whilst waiting repair, meaning my g/f had to hire a car just for work purposes ... that was about £90.00 too. The garage said they get loads of this sort of thing.

Council don't want to know. They wonder why they have such a bad name?

richmond area is quite bad on some roads, my wheels suffer when dropping my little one off to the childminder! There are potholes everywhere and most of them are massive!!

Standon Road, WIncobank is evil

Another for Standon Road. I'm right at the top of Standon Crescent...most unpleasant!

I'll concur, one of the main reasons I sold up and moved off that road to Barnsley.

Crowder road is an absolute disgrace, part of the road is concrete that has been tarmacced over and you can see the whole slab lift when a lorry goes over it.

Archer Road takes some beating. Crater outside Marco Milano`s!

I nominate Hicks St. (down and under Rutland Rd bridge, 1st left, sandwich shop at the end) as the worst.

Although very short in length, I can't negotiate it more than 15mph due to the bumps and craters.

coisley roundabout to woodhouse 6941 holes

The section of Archer Road from Sainburys towards London Road is a boneshaker