Worst Road Surface In Sheffield??

A nice polite and sensible reply mindbending,Why on earth do people like geared have to spoil virtually every topic on the forum with silly remarks?

because the same crap gets posted week on week, seemingly by a never-ending tide of people who think they're the first people in the city to notice the problem.

however the reply was most amusing :D

---------- Post added 23-02-2015 at 17:29 ----------

It would have been good if they could have prioritized some of the really terrible roads, instead of re-doing loads that were basically fine.

Aren't they (supposed) to be working in areas??

Try and get the men and machines into an area, do all the roads around there and then move on to the next. Try and make Logistics abit easier and such??

---------- Post added 23-02-2015 at 17:32 ----------

I can only presume there is a reason why the worst are not getting done first.

There's only so many main roads you can work on at once before the entire area will descend into complete gridlock, so they probably get done slightly differently to keep things moving.

Must be a complete nightmare figuring it out as it's not easy getting around the city in the first place.

Edited by geared

Stocksbridge is very bad for the roads the pot holes are that big you could lose a small child down them.

I have been wondering the exact same thing, I live in hunter's bar up the hill and the condition of the roads is shocking. I'm from earthquake ravaged Christchurch, New Zealand, and I can hand on heart say that our roads back home are better. A lot better.

Funnily enough you can see the old cobbles in the pot holes and they look to be in perfect condition. I would love for them just to remove the tarmac and keep the cobbles.

the speedhumps are the smoothest bits

Don't know why they call them speedhumps. If anything they slow you down.

It would have been good if they could have prioritized some of the really terrible roads, instead of re-doing loads that were basically fine.

I thought that at first as well, but they've now done all of my area and its great and I'm glad they didn't do it in a patchwork fashion. driving to other parts of the city now is really annoying, but as time goes by I have to go further to remember the bad ole days.

Still doesn't make up for the 10 years of neglect however time and mechanics are a good healer.

How far up your backside do you currently have your head???

because otherwise you would have noticed the council is currently spending 4 billion quid to resurface every road in the city.

The scheme has been going on for the last couple of years, there have been roadworks all over the place!!

How far up the councils backside do you currently have your head???

because otherwise you would have noticed that a large number or newly resurfaced roads are now just as bad as before. Badly done and within weeks the utilities were chopping it up and making bad repairs.

you would have noticed that a large number or newly resurfaced roads are now just as bad as before. Badly done and within weeks the utilities were chopping it up and making bad repairs.

You've reported such damage as it would be covered under the guarantee on the new roads, or are you just another one frothing at the mouth but not bothering to do anything about it???

because otherwise you would have noticed that a large number or newly resurfaced roads are now just as bad as before. Badly done and within weeks the utilities were chopping it up and making bad repairs.

A drive on quite a few of the new roads, I haven't noticed any which are anywhere near as bad as they were before... I've barely even come across a single pot hole in any of them. Which ones do you think are now just as bad as they were before?

jb

A nice polite and sensible reply mindbending,Why on earth do people like geared have to spoil virtually every topic on the forum with silly remarks?

He has a point. The resurfacing project has been going on a while and there's a lot roads been completed already.

I wonder if people will ever stop moaning about the state of the roads, even once they're all done? I feel it has become a habit.

---------- Post added 24-02-2015 at 14:11 ----------

moaning like this for example.

Edited by TimmyR

You can report issues online here:

https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/roads/report.html

if that site crashes or doesn't work for you then this one is pretty good:

http://www.fillthathole.org.uk/

If you need more information from Amey about the project then see here:

https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/roads/about/highways-maintenance/streets-ahead.html

Drove up Chesterfield rd today ,can't really call them pot holes more like craters . Some roads are really becoming dangerous because the holes are so deep . It's bad enough in a car ,feel so sorry for the cyclists !

and what have you done about it??