Band Aid 2014 - Ebola - Have you bought it?

...and back home to snort some more coke...very touching!

Which is probably doing more damage to people/communities where it is produced than the good this single will do.

---------- Post added 25-11-2014 at 10:11 ----------

Have I bought the single?

No.

I don't like the song, why would I buy it? I don't get it.

I suppose it raises awareness, but who isn't aware there are millions of people around the world suffering from (curable and incurable) diseases, starvation, lack of clean water, war etc etc

To put all this showbiz malarkey into context, the DEC have raised £23 million for Ebola so far.

http://www.dec.org.uk/blog/ebola-crisis-appeal-total

and countries around the world:

The Chinese government has so far contributed around $8.3 million (£5.2 million) to the UN's main Ebola relief fund, compared to $18.8 million (£11.7 million) from Britain and more than $200 million (£124.5 million) from the US.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/ebola/11179135/What-countries-have-pledged-to-fight-Ebola...-and-how-much-theyve-paid-into-the-fund.html

[yoda] The sarcasm in johncocker's post, straight over your heads it went [/yoda]

;)

I knew that, I may not be the sharpest tool in the box but I'm not that dense. :)

Which is probably doing more damage to people/communities where it is produced than the good this single will do.

---------- Post added 25-11-2014 at 10:11 ----------

Have I bought the single?

No.

I don't like the song, why would I buy it? I don't get it.

I suppose it raises awareness, but who isn't aware there are millions of people around the world suffering from (curable and incurable) diseases, starvation, lack of clean water, war etc etc

No................. you really don't do you ? :(

Edited by Daven

No................. you really don't do you ? :(

You clearly do, so explain.

Not bought it myself, but have friend over there, so get our donations direct to where they are needed:)

I wonder how much the "Feed the World" project has cost. Now whilst I understand that no one made a profit out of this:roll:, there has to be costs..........anyone seen the accounts for this project?

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2014-11-24/who-is-band-aid-30-raising-money-for

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1259061/Sorry-Bob-Geldof-Band-Aid-millions-DID-pay-guns.html

I really like this article..........just about sums up this Band Aid malarkey

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/ebola/11236278/Why-Adele-was-right-to-ignore-Bob-Geldof-and-Band-Aid.html

Ive been saying for years the original Band Aid money helped pay for guns and stuff. People dont want to believe it though.

Ive been saying for years the original Band Aid money helped pay for guns and stuff. People dont want to believe it though.

Correct. Finding the accounts for all these events is really hard, are they private?

Correct. Finding the accounts for all these events is really hard, are they private?

I think they must be. You would think Sir Bob would want everything as transparent as possible with it being money donated for good causes.

I think they must be. You would think Sir Bob would want everything as transparent as possible with it being money donated for good causes.

Particularly as some of the funds went into buying arms!

[yoda] The sarcasm in johncocker's post, straight over your heads it went [/yoda]

;)

Not really I used the post to make a point which I commented on earlier .the trouble with trying to use sarcasm as a tool is that it often corresponds to lateral thinking by some

Apparently the original Band Aid recording was a drink and drugs fest.