Sheffield should expand into Rotherham

You've convinced me but can I have a prefab in a Nice Area please,? If you should need help in the tea tent for the troops I'm available..:hihi:

Canklow Rotherham is an up and coming area close to the motorway network should one need a fast getaway nice interesting holiday destination close to the soon to be renamed Greater Sheffield !!!

We should unite and take it over.

The trouble is that the armies of Leeds and Manchester are so much better equipped than the Sheffield army.

Manchester was so good at this that it marched forward, stealing huge swathes of land from Cheshire, Lancashire, and Derbyshire back in 1974, and declared itself a county of 3 million. Leeds is now over 750,000 strong, with an urban area approaching 2 million.

We should push forward, but ultimately will submit to the far superior forces of Leeds and Manchester.

Be careful,very careful we have sleepers in St Albans,my neighbours daughter is a highly successful undercover agent down there and no doubt you are a marked man now.:hihi:Dont get a dog for Christmas its going to be lonely.This is for Andy if you are still with your people.

Be careful,very careful we have sleepers in St Albans,my neighbours daughter is a highly successful undercover agent down there and no doubt you are a marked man now.:hihi:Dont get a dog for Christmas its going to be lonely.This is for Andy if you are still with your people.

Don't you go worrying about us we have adequate supply of long handled pitchforks in the armoury.

Don't you go worrying about us we have adequate supply of long handled pitchforks in the armoury.
Ah yes i forgot about the power of the pitchfork but we can counter that by sending a battalion of combined harvesters and two big lads from Maltby.

We should unite and take it over.

The trouble is that the armies of Leeds and Manchester are so much better equipped than the Sheffield army.

Manchester was so good at this that it marched forward, stealing huge swathes of land from Cheshire, Lancashire, and Derbyshire back in 1974, and declared itself a county of 3 million. Leeds is now over 750,000 strong, with an urban area approaching 2 million.

We should push forward, but ultimately will submit to the far superior forces of Leeds and Manchester.

Ah, but if we peruse Chesterfield, Mansfield, Worksop as bridges we can soon claim Nottingham and Derby as suburbs!

I like it, the plan is coming together. We will set up language and culture centres in Nottingham and Derby to convert the improper Midlanders to proper Yorkshiremen.

Ah, but if we peruse Chesterfield, Mansfield, Worksop as bridges we can soon claim Nottingham and Derby as suburbs!

I like it, the plan is coming together. We will set up language and culture centres in Nottingham and Derby to convert the improper Midlanders to proper Yorkshiremen.

The East Midlands have already converted angelina jolie so we might have fight. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-30104871

I shall secure my corner of of North East derbyshire (subject to certain terms met) "and lo I shall walk through the Rother valley shadow of death, I shall fear no evil"

There will be no Greater Sheffield, just Sheffield.

Greater Manchester is a county, not a city.

Leeds are nothing to worry about. The 750,000 figure is not the cities population and never has been, it`s actually smaller in number than Sheffield`s before expansion.

The expansion plans are for the city.

---------- Post added 19-11-2014 at 17:02 ----------

I have grand plans for Canklow.

I`m looking for a large area suitable to build a race course as i feel we should have our own.

---------- Post added 19-11-2014 at 17:03 ----------

The biggest battle lies in the media.

---------- Post added 19-11-2014 at 17:20 ----------

There are valuable lessons to be learnt from Manchester & Leeds. Self promotion being very high up on the list for starters. Both are masters of this art and media hype.

I`m recruiting for a propaganda minister.

Being an all dancing, all singing sort of gal, I am willing to go along with lyndylou and do a little stunt with a hatful of fruit which may amuse and entertain the troops.

Other than that I could be bamboozled into accepting the post of propaganda minister.

I should imagine both posts would require the same level of common sense and aptitude for the job in hand.