Why do Sheffield people still vote Labour?

The Conservative campaign in Rochester has been laughable. They actually think Labour voters will Tory to stop UKIP.... Its the other way around... plenty of Labour supporters are already voting UKIP because they've given up on Labour.

How can they be Labour supporters if they've given up on Labour? It's becoming clear that UKIP are just a mob of Militant Tories and the Conservative Party is taking the wee wee by trying to pass the buck onto Labour for the stuffing they're going to take in Kent tonight.

I dont really trust any of them to be onest , but as for Labour maybe years ago they was for the working man , but not now and no better than any of others. If i had to vote at min it be UKIP.

Edited by The Manager

Most Green party voters are middle-class environmentalist nutters, like the Modern Parents from Viz. If you think Labour were control freaks, they would be nothing compared to the Greens if they were in power.

How do you know?

---------- Post added 20-11-2014 at 22:19 ----------

Total contempt for WWC people shown today by the Labour MP visiting Rochester. They are really alienating their core voter base, they better hope there are enough OAPs, immigrants and public sector workers that will stay loyal to them.

People have commented about this, but I fail to see how she showed total contempt for WWC people.

From what I've seen, she (Emily Thornberry) took a photo of a house with a couple of St George's Flags outside a suburban house, posted it on Twitter saying 'Image from Rochester'.

I mean it's not as if she introduced the poll tax or voted against the minimum wage or anything....

How can they be Labour supporters if they've given up on Labour? It's becoming clear that UKIP are just a mob of Militant Tories and the Conservative Party is taking the wee wee by trying to pass the buck onto Labour for the stuffing they're going to take in Kent tonight.

That's so untrue. I'm ex Labour. So are many members of my family. I'm afraid you just don't get it, what attracts people to UKIP.

In the Firth Park Ward at the local council elections earlier in the year Labour won by its smallest ever majority... 600. Second place were UKIP.

---------- Post added 20-11-2014 at 22:36 ----------

How do you know?

---------- Post added 20-11-2014 at 22:19 ----------

People have commented about this, but I fail to see how she showed total contempt for WWC people.

From what I've seen, she (Emily Thornberry) took a photo of a house with a couple of St George's Flags outside a suburban house, posted it on Twitter saying 'Image from Rochester'.

I mean it's not as if she introduced the poll tax or voted against the minimum wage or anything....

She was deriding someone for flying the country's flag. Didn't go down well... she's gone. Another middle class pilchard who lives her life in the Westminster bubble...

In Nigel we trust Stan . :)

What a pleasure to have a reply from my old mate Desmundo.

Edited by Stan Tamudo

Guest sibon
That's so untrue. I'm ex Labour. So are many members of my family. I'm afraid you just don't get it, what attracts people to UKIP.

Welcome, "new user".

Tell us all. What does attract people to UKIP.

Is it their finely honed economic policy? Or their amazing education policy? Or their strategy to get people into meaningful work?

Do tell.

I'm hoping UKIP evolve into a broad church populist national party (name change included). The future is theirs if they do.

Welcome, "new user".

Tell us all. What does attract people to UKIP.

Is it their finely honed economic policy? Or their amazing education policy? Or their strategy to get people into meaningful work?

Do tell.

It's the fact that they want us to leave the EU. The Tories are offering a referendum but they've made it clear that they don't want us to leave, so it's hard to trust them. Labour, the LibDems and Greens are all vehemently pro-EU.

In the Firth Park Ward at the local council elections earlier in the year Labour won by its smallest ever majority... 600. Second place were UKIP.

---------- Post added 20-11-2014 at 22:36 ----------

She was deriding someone for flying the country's flag. Didn't go down well... she's gone. Another middle class pilchard who lives her life in the Westminster bubble...

:hihi:Love it :hihi:

Following the Ched Evans debacle, I want Dave "Harry" Bassett back in charge.

1997. I genuinely thought they were the good guys at the time.

Well, the tories have proved time and time again they are the bad guys but I noticed it doesn't stop you supporting them

---------- Post added 21-11-2014 at 07:50 ----------

No-one could have averted the global meltdown.

but Brown should have put policies in place that would have prevented us needing to bailout our banks.

Such as? What do you think would have happened if the banks were allowed to collapse? And I thought it was only the tories that had to put right what Labour had done, never the other way around?