Why do Sheffield people still vote Labour?

I'm fine love, you ok?

Yes thanks:D

Labour just want to keep people poor and dependent on the state. Look at other places where they have been in power for decades. Glasgow. Liverpool.

Move to Tunbridge Wells then HH! They always vote Conservative down there in the parliamentary elections.

When the BNP supporters used to try this trick, they were much better at it. First of all, they'd get four or five people online, not one or two. Most of them would have plenty of aliases too, not as obvious as you lot. Sometimes you could easily believe that they had quite a lot of popular support, if you didn't look too closely.

Still, I guess that nobody can knock you for trying. Your execution is poor, that's all.

As for UKIP winning seats in a General Election, take a look at the latest evidence. It's not happening.

Now, how about popping off to the all things UKIP thread, this one is about why people vote Labour.

Who made you the arbiter of what can and can't be posted and you have no real idea of who is posting.

But that doesn't have anything to do with the topic of this thread.

In a General Election, there is no point in voting for minority parties.

Lots of people vote Labour, because the Tories are the only alternative. If you vote Tory, you get vile stuff like this.

Seems like a no-brainer to me.

Interesting article. But has everyone forgot that the gap between rich and poor kept on growing in the last Labour government?

The only people who benefitted from the last Labour government, were those on benefits, public sector workers, and the ultra rich.

In 1997 the government had a £20 billion budget surplus, by 2010 that was a £150 billion deficit.

Look at the state of the economy, and national debt in 1979, 1997, and 2010 to see what Labours done for the average person.

Your own source disproves the point you're trying to make;

"Historians think that Suetonius and Dio based their scathing accounts of his life on rumors and legends—or simply fabricated sensational tales that turned a not-so-great ruler into an epic villain. Many scholars reject the notion that Caligula terrorized Rome with his unbridled madness, arguing that his fellow lawmakers would likely have whisked him out of power for such conduct. So while Caligula might have had an unusual fondness for his horse, it’s unlikely the emperor went so far as to appoint the stallion."

---------- Post added 19-11-2014 at 18:09 ----------

Both the Tories AND Labour will promise an in/out referendum in their election manifestos ,but neither will keep that promise. People should not be taken in by their lies over a referendum , they are just after votes .

The problem is the Tories are moving too far left for my liking. Id always been a Tory voter ,but they are too centre ground for me now, and UKIP now offer a good alternative .

Things have improved greatly for me under this government thank you. No complaints here.

Just fancy that.

Your own source disproves the point you're trying to make;

"Historians think that Suetonius and Dio based their scathing accounts of his life on rumors and legends—or simply fabricated sensational tales that turned a not-so-great ruler into an epic villain. Many scholars reject the notion that Caligula terrorized Rome with his unbridled madness, arguing that his fellow lawmakers would likely have whisked him out of power for such conduct. So while Caligula might have had an unusual fondness for his horse, it’s unlikely the emperor went so far as to appoint the stallion."

---------- Post added 19-11-2014 at 18:09 ----------

Just fancy that.

He's great comedy value is old Desmundo. He was once caught out on here claiming to be in three places at once on a Saturday afternoon.:hihi:

He's great comedy value is old Desmundo. He was once caught out on here claiming to be in three places at once on a Saturday afternoon.:hihi:

He's got more faces than three though.

Under the last Labour government the price of housing rocketed, wages stagnated, the gap between rich and poor became a lot wider and most of us became a lot poorer. We also tumbled down the international educational tables, free university education and the grant were removed lessening social mobility.

Yet loads of people still think they are the party of Labour, or the working poor. They're not.

cause it's been drilled in there heads from birth that's the way it's done I haven't voted labour for years now first time I moved parties I went for liberal, then Tory's the last couple of times in any election I have voted ukip, once in the 60's it was screaming lord such as my old feller used to say no matter who you vote for they say they all **** in one pot, think he was so right

Worse for who ? Things have improved greatly for me under this government thank you. No complaints here.

Of course you could just be saying that

---------- Post added 20-11-2014 at 06:08 ----------

Blair and brown both lead the country into a full blown recession!

Except they didn't the 2008 crash was going to happen anyway regardless who was in office at the time. In fact labour have only twice left office with a national debt, as a percentage of GDP, than which they inherited entering office. Both of these occasions were after the global crash of 1929 where they left office in 1931 and after the global crash of 2008 where they left office in 2010. What does your statement have to do with Sheffield?

---------- Post added 20-11-2014 at 06:14 ----------

free university education and the grant were removed lessening social mobility.

Whilst it's true tuition fees for university were introduced under Labour (2008), Labour had only been in office a year. It seems to me that getting such a bill through parliament, subject to enquiry and legal challenges, the provision of premises (rent/build and their legal complications), the designing of a database, installation of office equipment, hiring and training of staff, the time take taken to submit applications and the processing of applications to start autumn 2008, would take more than a year. What does your statement have to do with Sheffield?

Edited by Mecky

No-one could have averted the global meltdown.

but Brown should have put policies in place that would have prevented us needing to bailout our banks.