Why do Sheffield people still vote Labour?

Who should I vote for? The whole lot need throwing out!

The time for change is now! Majority of people are on their knees!

Bu t you can't just say throw the lot out. without telling us how you would do

that, and who or what what would replace the present system of government?

I

The result of the next general election in May especially in Rotherham will be very interesting.

I dont' vote labour so every election since forever has seen my vote wasted.

I still vote but as the years pass I really have to wonder why I bother.

Guest sibon
The result of the next general election in May especially in Rotherham will be very interesting.

But that doesn't have anything to do with the topic of this thread.

In a General Election, there is no point in voting for minority parties.

Lots of people vote Labour, because the Tories are the only alternative. If you vote Tory, you get vile stuff like this.

Seems like a no-brainer to me.

But that doesn't have anything to do with the topic of this thread.

In a General Election, there is no point in voting for minority parties.

Lots of people vote Labour, because the Tories are the only alternative. If you vote Tory, you get vile stuff like this.

Seems like a no-brainer to me.

Your link made very interesting reading more people should have a gander at it.

My dad votes labour so I vote labour too! :hihi:

Why mafia?

:)

---------- Post added 16-11-2014 at 10:23 ----------

Well we certainly know what the Conservatives have done, look at the state of the country again, we got rid of Thatcher's lot and got the country sorted then back to square one with Cameron's Toffs, get em out!:rant::gag::hihi:

You've conveniently overlooked the 13 years Labour were in power Presley and nearly bankrupt the country.

Wherever I live I vote for the party that is most likely to defeat labour. I have never lived anywhere where there is a candidate worth my vote but I do my best to keep the worst out.

Your link made very interesting reading more people should have a gander at it.

Only confirmed what I already had worked out d71146!

Yours and my wages/pensions are worth much less now than 2010.

Alternative to Tory/Labour? There ARE others but only one of note and that is UKIP. Think they will take Sheffield Hallam from Clegg next May and possibly Miliband's seat in Doncaster. Of course, there's the Greens, LibDems, BNP, Britain First, etc but they have no support.

:):)

Labour were definitely the party which represented the working class when it first evolved and introduced such things as the welfare state and the NHS.

Today society has changed and the political parties have changed whereas Labour and Conservative appear to be much the same.

Harping back to Margaret Thatcher days is very sad without also remembering the state the unions put the country in during the 1960/70s.

The only party that offered change at the last election were the Lib/Dems but many people who were attracted to them voted in their traditional way as they thought others would not change their voting habit.

Look how UKIP are being criticised at the moment to deflect voters away from them.

So in answer to the basic question is, people are swayed by the media and tribal loyalties.

Edited by harvey19

Guest sibon

Only confirmed what I already had worked out d71146!

Yours and my wages/pensions are worth much less now than 2010.

Alternative to Tory/Labour? There ARE others but only one of note and that is UKIP. Think they will take Sheffield Hallam from Clegg next May and possibly Miliband's seat in Doncaster. Of course, there's the Greens, LibDems, BNP, Britain First, etc but they have no support.

:):)

When the BNP supporters used to try this trick, they were much better at it. First of all, they'd get four or five people online, not one or two. Most of them would have plenty of aliases too, not as obvious as you lot. Sometimes you could easily believe that they had quite a lot of popular support, if you didn't look too closely.

Still, I guess that nobody can knock you for trying. Your execution is poor, that's all.

As for UKIP winning seats in a General Election, take a look at the latest evidence. It's not happening.

Now, how about popping off to the all things UKIP thread, this one is about why people vote Labour.

Why mafia?

---------- Post added 16-11-2014 at 10:23 ----------

You've conveniently overlooked the 13 years Labour were in power Presley and nearly bankrupt the country.

No the Bankers spelt with a B not W did that, the Conservatives then conviently made the poor pay back.:gag:

Indoctrination. 30 years of blaming Thatcher while they've run the City as their own little fiefdom.

I don't vote Conservative but between them and the South Yorkshire brand of labour I'd vote Conservative every time.