Six myths about how the unions are ruining Britain

A good article that I thought I'd share :)

The problem with subsidy myth and facility time, is that (certainly at SCC) some employees are employed on the pretence of a real job, then end up doing "facility time" - full time!

Some facility time might be good, but why should anybody be employed to do a full time job in the public sector, then end up getting paid to do something totally different full tme?

The problem with subsidy myth and facility time, is that (certainly at SCC) some employees are employed on the pretence of a real job, then end up doing "facility time" - full time!

Some facility time might be good, but why should anybody be employed to do a full time job in the public sector, then end up getting paid to do something totally different full tme?

Are they? What non jobs are they employing people under? And what has that got to do with unions?

I'm not sure I'd call it a voluntary organisation when those running the show get paid more than the prime minister. Certainly in the second half of the 20th century they were responsible for pricing many industries out of the country. That's why Transit vans are now made in Turkey instead of Southampton.

I suppose one good thing they do is vote total numpties in as Labour Party leader ensuring that it is unlikely we will get a Labour Government in May.

So your definition of a voluntary organisation is one in which no-one gets paid?

---------- Post added 15-11-2014 at 17:57 ----------

Guess which Sheffield Forumer is which?

http://i1.wp.com/leftycartoons.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/23/2014/03/unionize-top-ten-color.jpg?resize=675%2C655

My mate Desmundo is on the bottom, second from the right.

What a brilliant cartoon, a great find Stan! Sums up the lickspittle attitude of some on here ;)

Are they? What non jobs are they employing people under? And what has that got to do with unions?

Is facility time meant to form somebody's extra duties, or is it meant to be a full time job?

For those employed on full time facility time (ie union activity) why shouldn't the unions pay their salary? I don't object to facility time, just who funds it when it takes away significantly from a persons actual job.

It was poor management. It left the door open for Thatcher to strike. It was quite easy to turn the blame round on the Unions. People don't strike for nothing.

thatcher went on strike? Oo

:suspect::help:

Do you mean the 99% of miners who no longer have to dig for coal now that it all gets imported.

whose countries can now hold us to ransom about whether we can turn our heating on :roll: yea good old thatcher :roll:

So your definition of a voluntary organisation is one in which no-one gets paid?

So what you are saying is Bob Crow volunteered to be the leader of UNISON in exchange for a generous pension contribution and a salary of £145,000, rather like someone gives up their time and volunteers to sell 2nd hand clothes in St Lukes charity shops in exchange for a cup of tea.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/10176757/Union-leaders-enjoy-bumper-pay-hikes-and-golden-goodbyes.html

whose countries can now hold us to ransom about whether we can turn our heating on :roll: yea good old thatcher :roll:

Actually they can't because there are dozens of countries we can buy from and we do where as there was only one NUM who did try to cut off the supply. Haven't you noticed the lights don't go off any more.

They have as much chance as Mitsubishi trying to cut off our supply of cars by holding back a shipment. We'd just buy VWs.

Edited by roosterboost

So what you are saying is Bob Crow volunteered to be the leader of UNISON in exchange for a generous pension contribution and a salary of £145,000, rather like someone gives up their time and volunteers to sell 2nd hand clothes in St Lukes charity shops in exchange for a cup of tea.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/10176757/Union-leaders-enjoy-bumper-pay-hikes-and-golden-goodbyes.html

It makes you wonder how organisations can be classified as voluntary if they have paid staff.

Hang on, in your first sentence you complain that is 'hardly subjective or well written' - so what's your problem? That it's objective, and that it contains factual inaccuracies, or that it is contradictory :confused:

In your second to last line you then complain that it is a poor article from an objective point of view, which yours clearly isn't!

I was being subjective, criticising the methodology and content of the article.