Birley primary school thoughts?

Sorry to rain on your parade mate but it most certainly does happen.

You're not raining on my parade and I don't have a rose-tinted view of teachers. What I do know is that teachers are so heavily scrutinised and monitored that any behaviour of the sort you describe would be stamped out immediately. Teachers are very aware that ALL children need to make progress and are penalised if they can't demonstrate that. Focusing solely on SEN children would be completely foolish, and they know that. The_bloke obviously has no understanding of the climate teachers work in and is just mouthing off because they have a grudge because their precious little darling under-achieved. By the same token, children don't receive "bad marks" because they're compared to other children. They're assessed against National Curriculum criteria not each other.

My children go to Rainbow Forge and i have no problem with them there. They started there last November 1 in y5 1 in y3 and 1 in reception.

The school wasnt our 1st choice, both Birley and St John Fisher were closer but were full.

I was worried about sending them to Rainbow Forge due to the ofsted report.

Had a open chat with the headteacher who was/is very approachable.

Since they have been there they have come on so much, there enjoying school much more, the teachers are all easy to approach.

interestingly the previosu school had a very good ofsted report but they werent doing as well as what they are doing at Rainbow Forge.

Having over-subscribed year groups is one thing. Leaving a whole class "twiddling their thumbs" or being told to "play" or "read" while the teacher sat with special needs children certainly would not happen, unless you're referring to Early Years provision where learning through play is encouraged. Your unrealistic criticisms have shown you out to be a liar.

By the same token, children don't receive "bad marks" because they're compared to other children. They're assessed against National Curriculum criteria not each other.

Good lord, you are a bit harsh aren't you? I am not a liar and I talk from personal experience as the school even admitted they let my son down when we told them we were moving him to a different school. You however had nothing to do with my son's education so know nothing.

As a side note, all five children had been taken out and moved to different schools by the Easter; two to Intake and three to Birley Spa. Were the other four sets of parents also liars?

Regarding 'bad marks'; my son wasn't being taught the work he should have been as a Y2 child, he was being taught with the rest of the Y3 class instead of separately. As a result, the work he was being asked to do was nigh on impossible as he didn't have the basic building blocks from Y2 that Y3 was being improved upon. This meant that he was getting bad marks as not only was he being given Y3 work, he was being assessed and marked against it. The five children were basically the class dunces which was an unacceptable situation for a child to be in through no fault of his own.

Edited by the_bloke

I have sinced looked around birley aswell as others and while it is a lovely school. Their Sen department has very much let them down for me.

Hi. How has their SEN dept. let them down? Do you mean the local authority hasn't supported the SEN children?