Garage needed for new Brakes?

Help, I have just had my car serviced (Clio) at Reg Vardy (yes, i know but I wanted a Renault stamp in my service history and they have informed me that my Brake Discs are Warped and the pads are 80% worn.

Anyway, can anyone recomend a good garage to take it to, to get it checked out and give me a better quote than Vardy's (£249 incl VAT)

Thanks

Pretty much anwhere should be cheaper than £250!

First of all, are you sure the discs are warped? You'll notice a juddering and the brake pedal pushing back at your foot when you brake quite hard if they are warped - go find out on an industrial estate somewhere.

Assuming they are warped, are they just the fronts? I'm not familiar with the Clio (also - what age is it) so don't know if it has drum rear brakes or disc like the fronts will be.

Ring round for a few quotes, and check out the price of the discs and pads on this website, you'll be able to tell then if you're being ripped off or not. You don't say which Clio it is (age/spec) but price for discs (each) seem to be between £11.25 and £30, and pads are about £15.

Check they need doing (get second opinion if you're not sure), then ring round for qoutes. HTH :)

Try A Guy Called Adam Johnson He Is Based In Ecclesfield His Number Is 01142456727

Ive just started a thread recently about service fot clios and loadsa people told me about snuffmill somewhere around tescos on eccy road. x

try grahams garage near the royal standard. took my car there to have the brakes changed and he told me they did'nt need chaging yet and i would just be wasting money, so i know he's honest and fair.

Try Barraclough's garage in Ecclesfield. Great mechanics reasonably priced.Only small garage just opposite school entrance on High Street.

Go t Kwik Fit. If they do your pads etc they will give you a free lifetime guarantee meaning that when your pads wear down they will replace them for free! I couldn't believe this at first, but I've done it and it's true!!! Well worth it!!

if you still need this doing i can supply and fit them for you at your home address

if you want them doing pm me the details of the car make/model/year of registration engine size etc and ill get a quote for the parts for you

im in s5 just off yew lane so im not far from you

if you still need this doing i can supply and fit them for you at your home address

if you want them doing pm me the details of the car make/model/year of registration engine size etc and ill get a quote for the parts for you

im in s5 just off yew lane so im not far from you

If the OP still needs this doing after 3 years I wouldn't be surprised if his 80% worn pads were now non-existant!