Vile Twitter threats to Jess Ennis

Surely the team/club is far more important than just one individual? The cult of individual "celebrity" is very pathetic and belongs to sheep mentality .?.Shame on anyone who cheers if he scores a goal ...

I'm not a supporter of football since big business moved in - and don't get me started on FIFA and Quatar , in my opinion the guy should be doing home care visits at £6.50 an hour for 12 months to prove that he is humble enough to be accepted back into the human race and justified his existence as a decent member of the human race

Homecare visits by a rapist? Excellent idea ! ?

---------- Post added 14-11-2014 at 23:46 ----------

In the UK, members of the public are banned from appearing on TV gameshows, if they have a criminal record.

Any criminal record.

One rule for one???

Sheffield United should hang their heads for even contemplating having him back. No wonder sponsors are dropping them, and good on Jess for pulling out too.

No Tipping Point for me then. I've still got Zig,Zig Sputnicks album. Now that is a criminal record.

The way I see it, it's about reputation now. Evans was found guilty, did his sentence and even though he's deplorable, he ought to be able to do something in life, not languish on the dole for ever.

BUT.....as an employer, would you want to be associated with him? Some jobs (including being a professional football player) are very high profile. Any employee is a representative of the organisation who pays their wages. If you have a public facing role, it's very hard for an organisation to put someone out there who's behaviour has contradicted company values. Could you imagine if the BBC had replaced Paxman with someone who'd been convicted of a sex crime?

Football players are the very public faces of their clubs and their sponsors. Remember how Tiger Woods was dropped from lucrative sponsorship deals? He wasn't even a criminal, he'd just tarnished the wholesome image his sponsors were paying him to represent.

I just can't believe that Utd want to be associated with this. It's not just their reputation that's going down the pan, it'll have financial repercussions as well.

On top of that, if the discussions on here are anything to go by, it must be horrible for the fans and the team.

The club must have a PR/Comms group, they probably pay a fortune for, what the heck are they playing at?

In reply to so serious or whatever your current user name is , my advice would be to get a life

As a media expert on RS said this morning Jess Ennis is a brand, and as a brand she has to disassociate herself from the debacle that is going on. I don't think as someone said it is about 'celebrity' for her, she already is one and known world wide for her achievements in sport. Being associated with the club if he does return to Utd could harm her appeal to companies who use her to advertise their products such as Santander who she appears in ads for.

This is exactly what I thought, although admittedly you have worded it better than me :hihi:

thing is if you think logically and list em, who could it be?

1: SU fans that want ched back and believe hes innocent

2: freinds or family of Ched, in wales etc

3: random (like taxman said) trolls and mysognists

tbh to me it gets less likely the more you get down the list?

You presumably are not familiar with the twiatterati , if you want to get an idea off the sort of vile people that are there I suggest you visit #Mccann and wipe your feet on the way out

Also look at the response when people like Gary Lineker and Piers Morgan tweet It is like the unregulated willd west on there

Shame on ANYONE who continues to support this vile club.

Shame on ANYONE who continues to support this vile club.

I feel no shame whatsoever continuing to support my club and since when did you or your club occupy the higher moral ground or asre you ignoring other more newsworthy current affairs and the Gary Nadine situation or does it just suit you to join the point scoring bandwagon . I think your comment says much more about you as a person than anybody who chooses to support SUFC

I feel no shame whatsoever continuing to support my club and since when did you or your club occupy the higher moral ground or asre you ignoring other more newsworthy current affairs and the Gary Nadine situation or does it just suit you to join the point scoring bandwagon . I think your comment says much more about you as a person than anybody who chooses to support SUFC

Your wrong, I wouldn't support a club who makes a decsicion to reinstate this Demon, who ever has the last say should think about what if it had have been my daughter who had been raped by Evans, or if Evans was a Tradesman would I want him working in my house, Ennis is right about her decision, Evans went to jail and forfitted his career when he carried out this terrible act, it's all part and Parcel of committing a shocking crime.

Your wrong, I wouldn't support a club who makes a decsicion to reinstate this Demon, who ever has the last say should think about what if it had have been my daughter who had been raped by Evans, or if Evans was a Tradesman would I want him working in my house, Ennis is right about her decision, Evans went to jail and forfitted his career when he carried out this terrible act, it's all part and Parcel of committing a shocking crime.

Who are you to say I am wrong . What authority or jurisdiction do you have to support these views . Just to confirm I support Sheffield United I do not support Ched Evams.

Jessica Ennis has every right to choose who and in which way she should be associated with them is anybody disputing that ?

Just playing devils advocate when did post sentence retribution become part and parcel of the crime. How many people do you think are released back into society every day guilty of equal or more heinous crimes. If you are not happy with the justice system then perhaps this is where you should be voicing your concerns. Either that or move back to 17th century Salem where mob justice was much more welcolme

In reply to so serious or whatever your current user name is , my advice would be to get a life

I was going to make ysoserious's point. If you think it a good idea to allow rapists to make home visits maybe you think convicted paedophiles should be allowed to work in schools.

My advice would be to get a brain.

Who are you to say I am wrong . What authority or jurisdiction do you have to support these views . Just to confirm I support Sheffield United I do not support Ched Evams.

Jessica Ennis has every right to choose who and in which way she should be associated with them is anybody disputing that ?

Just playing devils advocate when did post sentence retribution become part and parcel of the crime. How many people do you think are released back into society every day guilty of equal or more heinous crimes. If you are not happy with the justice system then perhaps this is where you should be voicing your concerns. Either that or move back to 17th century Salem where mob justice was much more welcolme

Your wrong to support a club who makes a decision to reinstate a Rapist. People who commit heinous crimes are released back into society but they don't just pick up where they left off, they might do on your Planet.:loopy:

What part of Mort's warning can't people understand. Can the personal insults or the thread will be closed and suspensions issued.

Last warning.