Gallstones got or had or have still??

Having recently had a scan and had 2 gallstones confirmed I'm now waiting to see a doc at the hospital, I just wondered, has anyone else got/had gallstones, and did you have them removed and how or have you still got them and manage things another way? Incidentally I have no gallbladder disease the walls of the gallbladder are normal thickness and nothing in the bile ducts,

Looking forward to hearing other peoples stories!

I had gallstones, I was about 8 or 9 and had been vomiting, doubled up in pain on a regular basis. My mum told me not to be so bloody mardy and have a rennie! I'd had lots of tests at the hospital but it was only when I became jaundiced I had an emergency exploratory operation where they found lots of stones! I obviously had the galbladder out and various stones that had gone in different places. I was, apparently, the youngest known patient at that time but there's been much younger people since then.

Incidentally, my hubby also had gallstones a few years ago, he had keyhole surgery. He did have to stay in one night as he was being sick but he was back at work just a couple of days after that on light duties.

Wow that was young!

Anyone who has them and has avoided surgery ?

Sometimes they can bombard them with lasers without surgery. I had my gall bladder out about 12 years ago and the symptoms went with the gallbladder

I wasn't certain lasers were still used, looked at lots of different sites and nearly all opt for the surgery side of things!

I suffered just after Christmas 2011 took into Rgh was in andout of hospital till the end of March. The consultanr and registrar could not make up there mind if it was gallbladder or gallstones. Went for pre op at the begining of April told October but before then had a stroke in September. I was told to arrend at the enf of March (6 months aftrr stroke). Had more meetings with the doctors and scans and was told they could not find anything. This was 12 months after found out that my paperwork had gone missing the previous April until after I had the stroke. Never officially been told officially closed as they could not find anything.

They say alls well that ends well.... Hope so x