Thanks a lot idiot

Ive got this one:

Camera

I use it mainly for mountain biking, Although I do have it mounted in my van, It is very very clear you can easily make out number plates ect.

It does do the job, its is also very tough (ive crashed in it a few times and still works fine)

Hope this helps

Clearly the camera does not improve driving skills then... :help:

Clearly the camera does not improve driving skills then... :help:

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

I meant on the mountain bike... Not in the van:)

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

I meant on the mountain bike... Not in the van:)

:D the joke had to be made ;)

I witnessed a woman smash into someone's parked VW in the Asda car park on middlewood road! and she made such a mess... but what I couldn't get over was when she hit the car she stopped, and instead of reversing she proceeded to go forward and scraped the front of her car all the way down the parked car!!!!! so instead of just a dint in the back passenger door the car ended up with a large scrape all the way down the right side of it!!

Best thing!! where she was parking, she had not one but TWO empty car parking spaces!!! what an absolute moron!

I stayed in my car and sneakily took photos of both cars in case she just drove off, but she did do the right thing and left a note on the other cars window.. THEN WENT SHOPPING!!

It's possible that you weren't sneaky enough and the note contained nothing but rubbish just to make you think she'd done the right thing

It's possible that you weren't sneaky enough and the note contained nothing but rubbish just to make you think she'd done the right thing

Leaving a note with nothing on it to fool witnesses is annoyingly common.

I imagine leaving a note with nothing on it to fool witnesses, and then leaving the car in-situ to go shopping, must be pretty rare.

I imagine leaving a note with nothing on it to fool witnesses, and then leaving the car in-situ to go shopping, must be pretty rare.
Unless the note had her ex-husband's car registration and phone number on it?

I'm not saying the OP deserved to be hit, however some people who visit that Drs park right on the corner so it is difficult to get past especially when vehicles are coming down. Personally I would always leave my number on the car if I hit someone but not everybody is honest.

Its very dodgy there, not only due to the parked cars, but also the speed of some of the idiots drivers. I live near Far Lane, and drive and walk in the area. There will be a bad accident on that bend eventually. I just hope no innocent person gets hurt.

im sure insurance comes down with fitted cameras
Are you sure you'd want that kind of insurance, though? ;)

I just use my smartphone (Samsung S3 mini), a £15 windscreen sucker-bracket thingy, and the Autoguard app (free version).

Records at 30 fps minimum from QVGA to full HD, and there's a ton more settings to fit your phone characteristics and memory (including e.g. GPS & Googlemaps pairing for the paid-for version).

I use WVGA (800x480), which is plenty high enough to make everything out, including reg plates, perfectly well - even at night. 2GB for the FIFO buffer, covers my full commute start-to-end.

Oh, and with mobile data switched off. 'Cause I am not paranoid...but that doesn't mean that they're not after me :lol:

Edited by L00b

Unless the note had her ex-husband's car registration and phone number on it?

The point is that people leaving false notes will drive off, they won't leave the evidence of the deception parked next to the note.

Imagine getting back to your damaged car, seeing the damaged car parked next to your's, and then reading a note with nothing on it or different details. There's going to be some confrontation of sorts isn't there.

Are you sure you'd want that kind of insurance, though? ;)

I just use my smartphone (Samsung S3 mini), a £15 windscreen sucker-bracket thingy, and the Autoguard app (free version).

Records at 30 fps minimum from QVGA to full HD, and there's a ton more settings to fit your phone characteristics and memory (including e.g. GPS & Googlemaps pairing for the paid-for version).

I use WVGA (800x480), which is plenty high enough to make everything out, including reg plates, perfectly well - even at night. 2GB for the FIFO buffer, covers my full commute start-to-end.

Oh, and with mobile data switched off. 'Cause I am not paranoid...but that doesn't mean that they're not after me :lol:

Leave that in your car all day and you'll come back to a smashed window and no phone...