Another mistake by the Star!

its going to get worse as the trend is now for "hubs" with a number of newspapers from all over the country being produced and editored in a central ofice miles away from the communities they cover

I think mistakes of this type are becoming more frequent in all areas of life
...Due to the illiteracy of the modern generation.

(I double checked I'd not made any errors then! That would have been embarrassing.)

The Star is the way it is today because people stopped buying it. Times change. There are other ways of getting news. Today's Star is only a fraction of the quality it used to be because I guess it only has a fraction of the budget and staff it used to have. The online edition is free and you get what you pay for. Stop moaning. Don't read it if it's that bad.

(I double checked I'd not made any errors then! That would have been embarrassing.)

Double-check has a hyphen.

The Star is the way it is today because people stopped buying it.
It's the old "chicken & egg" situation. The reason I stopped buying it is because of the way it is today. Prices went up, quality went down.

I find the website off putting. Too many ads.

I can never understand why people take great delight in having a go at the Star.

Would you rather there wasn't a local newspaper?

It's the same with local radio. People constantly moan about it but if it wasn't there you'd moan about that as well

I would quite happily survive without a local newspaper. I get most of my news off here, as do the Star Journos I believe.

So had Mary.
Wasn't that a hymen? :hihi:

It's the old "chicken & egg" situation. The reason I stopped buying it is because of the way it is today. Prices went up, quality went down.

Every dog has its day. Local newspapers as we knew them have had theirs.