Found a lost Iphone..

Is it really that bad?

That sea breeze isn't doing your mental health much good.

It can be Joker, and the sea breeze is a myth. Nice though, but a myth nonetheless:hihi:

Good luck.

---------- Post added 14-11-2014 at 09:29 ----------

You said you had lost your phone recently and did not get it back yet, now you claim you did not lose it but that it was stolen.

Can you please be clear if it was lost or tell us with certainty that it was found and what the founder has done with it.

Your phone could still be out there waiting to be found and when I lost my phone the lost and found did not come knocking on my door. I had to go there looking for it and asking if they had it.

If you are so skint to buy food then what are you doing with an Iphone? If I had a choice between a juicy tasty healthy meal vs. an Iphone let me tell you that you can not eat a phone.

I would also return a phone when found. But not choose to live in suffering misery and poverty when the freedom to have some salmon filet with asparagus is there vs a trip to the foodbank.

Hang on a second. How come you have a device to access the internet on and a internet connection on which to connect and that's okay? Yet when I have one I should be totally okay with someone stealing it off me?

If that logic is correct then surely you should be getting whatever you're accessing the internet on and taking it down to your local homeless shelter and donating it so that people can eat 'salmon and asparagus' rather than you sitting being selfish with your phone/laptop/internet connection?

Go on then. When you go and donate whatever you're accessing on the internet to the lads who sit outside Tesco on West Street and walk away being totally happy about it then you might have a point. If it's okay for my property to be used like that why not yours?

I will come with you. I might even donate my laptop and phone if you go and donate yours.

Go on. I dare you.

You won't though. You would never dream of giving what you own away even while you're lecturing other people. Hypocrite.

Members of our society have started to use mobile phones as an artificial status symbol and display of their strength, social potency. Without a top Iphone or Zsony you will not reach the top status.

Now for many out there their phone and its status is something they identify with and for them losing it will be like as if someone has stolen their emotional entry into society.

Even if they had to eat cheap unhealthy food they would do that to buy a more expensive phone instead of getting a cheap one and eat more healthy. That image the phone gives is more important than their physical health.

I will not get as upset if I lose a phone or internet device. (maybe a little but will get over it easily and not choose for emotional attachment identification to a phone or computer) Would be more upset if a big oil spill or stupid human war ruins the earth.

My phone is a gift I received from day to day life (a store gave it after giving them money) and is there for me to use but it is not my property. It belongs to the world it came from and at the moment I can use it but the world can steal it from me any time if it wants to or separate me from that phone through illness accident, theft, fire.

It is a reasonable smartphone and use it for everything, got 200 CD 40 full length movies on it and I can control my stereo and tv from hongkong but I don't care what others think of me by what type of phone it is. The day I stopped thinking I need an Iphone to get anywhere I stopped getting upset, identified, emotionally attached to it

Badlittlepup you can have my phone and show it to your friends with a proud face saying you are the best and you don't need an Iphone to live a normal live. Go on I dare you.

Then you will never get upset again when you lose your phone or it gets stolen. (and be less skinned for food)

Edited by dutch

Update on the Iphone, checked the event list today and it says it's Robert Matthew Lawton's birthday.

Anybody recognise his or Helen Andrews name?

Regards.

The only Robert M Lawton in Sheffield on Facebook*: https://www.facebook.com/robert.m.lawton.1

Nobody called Helen in his friends list, but could just be that iPhone person is a mutual friend rather than all in a friendship group.

All Helen Andrewses in Sheffield on FB*: https://www.facebook.com/helen.andrews.71619 https://www.facebook.com/helen.andrews.543 (possibly same person), https://www.facebook.com/helen.andrewsprevwhite, https://www.facebook.com/helen.andrews.1238

Would be worth sending them a link to this thread, if they're unconnected it's just a sec of their time to read and dismiss.

* Could be from anywhere in the world or not on FB, I know.

Edited by glitterkat

Any chance of anyone contacting the people on Facebook, as I'm not on it myself.

Don't understand how it works!!

Regards.

Ive sent Helen Andrews a message with a link to this thread in it.

Fingers crossed for you, but Im not holding out much hope.

Members of our society have started to use mobile phones as an artificial status symbol and display of their strength, social potency. Without a top Iphone or Zsony you will not reach the top status.

Now for many out there their phone and its status is something they identify with and for them losing it will be like as if someone has stolen their emotional entry into society.

Even if they had to eat cheap unhealthy food they would do that to buy a more expensive phone instead of getting a cheap one and eat more healthy. That image the phone gives is more important than their physical health.

I will not get as upset if I lose a phone or internet device. (maybe a little but will get over it easily and not choose for emotional attachment identification to a phone or computer) Would be more upset if a big oil spill or stupid human war ruins the earth.

My phone is a gift I received from day to day life (a store gave it after giving them money) and is there for me to use but it is not my property. It belongs to the world it came from and at the moment I can use it but the world can steal it from me any time if it wants to or separate me from that phone through illness accident, theft, fire.

It is a reasonable smartphone and use it for everything, got 200 CD 40 full length movies on it and I can control my stereo and tv from hongkong but I don't care what others think of me by what type of phone it is. The day I stopped thinking I need an Iphone to get anywhere I stopped getting upset, identified, emotionally attached to it

Badlittlepup you can have my phone and show it to your friends with a proud face saying you are the best and you don't need an Iphone to live a normal live. Go on I dare you.

Then you will never get upset again when you lose your phone or it gets stolen. (and be less skinned for food)

My my. Aren't we the special one? You really are a complete prat. And smug with it. You didn't get 'gifted' a phone. You bought one. Just like I did. I just astounds me that someone can sit and spout such hypocritical judgemental nonsense. You seem to have decided that you are the only person in the world who can have a smart phone and appreciate it for it's practical purpose and everybody else has one because they're trying to show off. or they are emotionally attached to a bit of plastic. You really should do something to control that ego because you seem to have an incredibly high opinion of yourself. I am upset that someone lost a phone, that doesn't mean that I don't care about oil spills or war.

I think having a huge self flattering ego and a massive superiority complex is a bit more weird than being upset that you've had your phone stolen.

Life with all its little things is a gift.

To think you are the owner of it all is what shapes the ego and makes you cry when these little things go.

Appreciate these things when they are there without claiming ownership. This world has the power to take your phone, car, house, life, instantly within seconds.

No matter how hard you fight and claim ownership of your phone one day you die and that phone is gone and you have to sort out all your karma again.

Life with all its little things is a gift.

To think you are the owner of it all is what shapes the ego and makes you cry when these little things go.

Appreciate these things when they are there without claiming ownership. This world has the power to take your phone, car, house, life, instantly within seconds.

No matter how hard you fight and claim ownership of your phone one day you die and that phone is gone and you have to sort out all your karma again.

I thought you said karma didn't exist? Don't know what else I expected from a hypocrite though.