New & reopening pubs/bars

Update on the Tap & Tankard pub,

Where is this pub ?

Pete,

It's the old Sportsman bar on Cambridge Street, just next to John Lewis.

Pete,

It's the old Sportsman bar on Cambridge Street, just next to John Lewis.

Ah thanks, I didn't know it was going to be called that, I walked past it the other evening and the insides has come out now, the bar looks like it is staying in the same place.

Looking forward to it opening.

Yeah as someone has mentioned it makes a nice additional stop on the ale trail round there.

I'm looking foward to giving it a try.

Update on the Tap & Tankard pub, this will open on Friday 12th December with a range of 8 cask ales, premium lager and speciality bottled beers and ciders.

There will be no food other than pork pies, crisps etc until next year.

Opening hours 11am to midnight.

It will have a bright new interior boasting a Sheffield theme, the furniture has been replaced and there will be no televisions or jukebox

Boo to no jukebox. I can generally clear a decent space in the Old No7 cellar bar with a swift injection of System of a Down...

Boo to no jukebox. I can generally clear a decent space in the Old No7 cellar bar with a swift injection of System of a Down...

Agree.

The dreadful "elevator music" most pubs play these days does my head in.

Sportsman had a great juke box.

Sportsmen/Tap & Tankard is tiny so any conversation was/would be drowned out by jukebox.

OK when it was a rock bar because that's kinda a key component of a rock bar. But if its primarily an ale bar its not necessary.

Besides which I don't want to risk someone spamming the damn thing with Coldplay/Keane/Ed Sheeran *shudders*

Besides which I don't want to risk someone spamming the damn thing with Coldplay/Keane/Ed Sheeran *shudders*

With you there ;)

Reminds me of a Peter Griffin quote - 'Hey rest of Coldplay. How about we do something that isn't whiny cr*p for a change?'

Lol

The Beer Stop at Dronfield is opening this weekend, subject to a successfull inspection by the licensing officer.

This is a shop unit with a range of bottled beers plus a real ale sampling bar with 3 handpumps.

The Beer Stop at Dronfield is opening this weekend, subject to a successfull inspection by the licensing officer.

This is a shop unit with a range of bottled beers plus a real ale sampling bar with 3 handpumps.

Whereabouts is it on Callywhite Lane Andy? I went down the Post Office the other day but can't see where it'll be.

Whereabouts is it on Callywhite Lane Andy? I went down the Post Office the other day but can't see where it'll be.

Its the car park behind the post office. Basically from the Post Office bus stop, walk a few yards up Callywhite Lane to the car park entrance on your right and walk through the car park.

There isn't a sign up as yet.