Pub chain criticised for 1996 calorie burger

If people want to eat it and the calorie count is made available on the menu then why not?

I suspect that if you went to 5* Michelin starred restaurants you'd find plenty of dishes with that many calories in it. It's just patronising poor people really isn't it?

Hungry Horse pub chain has been criticised for offering (offering, not forcing) a 1996 calorie double donut burger....Hmm, sounds yum!

The chain says that the calorific content is shown and is just part of a range of dishes they provide.

So should the chain be criticised for providing an unhealthy product or should it be up to people to show a bit of judgement and restraint? After all many companies provide unhealthy products and many have lobbyists in Westminster such as tobacco and alcohol companies.

taxman well said:thumbsup::thumbsup: i hate the do gooders

taxman well said:thumbsup::thumbsup: i hate the do gooders

That would be a great name for a burger. The do gooder.

What's the prob, its not as the she's eating double the intake. Bit of lettuce with an apple afterwards..jobs a goodun.:hihi:

In fact its a good idea... Instead of finding time to eat 3 meals a day, with this '' heart stopper'' you are only going to need to find time to demolish one of these beasts.

More time for the important things in life :hihi:

End of the day were all adults and can make our own informed choices

Does the media not notice monster "Man v Food" stuff like this until a big chain decides to jump on the bandwagon?

If you go to the Fat Duck you can have an 18 course taster menu including a bottle of wine. That will come in at more calories than this. Should we close it down and make Heston an example?

No, thats ok, rich people can afford it. The snobbery on this thread is incredible. People should be able to consume what they like. I can't say I want a donut burger but patronising people because its a chain puband pretending its for their own good is laughable

The snobbery on this thread is incredible.

What snobbery? Virtually every response in the tread has agreed with you that...

People should be able to consume what they like. [Even if personally,] I can't say I want a donut burger.

And as for...

patronising people because its a chain pub and pretending its for their own good

...no one in this thread has done anything like that.

End of the day were all adults and can make our own informed choices

i agree,try the twisted burger company:thumbsup:

What snobbery? Virtually every response in the tread has agreed with you that...

And as for...

...no one in this thread has done anything like that.

Agree. 95% of posters said that people should be allowed to have a grown up choice...I've not seen much snobbery, just a healthy dislike of authority pointing the finger and wagging it.

how about the restaurants that have all you can eat options?