Pub chain criticised for 1996 calorie burger

Hungry Horse pub chain has been criticised for offering (offering, not forcing) a 1996 calorie double donut burger....Hmm, sounds yum!

The chain says that the calorific content is shown and is just part of a range of dishes they provide.

So should the chain be criticised for providing an unhealthy product or should it be up to people to show a bit of judgement and restraint? After all many companies provide unhealthy products and many have lobbyists in Westminster such as tobacco and alcohol companies.

Edited by taxman

If i want a big butt burger and can't buy a big butt burger i'll make my own big butt burger. Which both turn out to be choice.

I don't quite get the appeal of this whole donut burger thing I keep seeing a lot of now days, to me donuts as bread seems really wrong.

In regards to the thread - We're given the information, let them eat it if they wish, if you don't want to, you don't have to. That should really be the end of it,

It looks bloody awful!

Totally agree!! :gag::gag:

Give me quality meat, a fresh made bun and tasty toppings over that monsterosity

"a burger containing nearly 100% of a woman's recommended daily calorie intake at 1,996 calories".

What's the prob, its not as the she's eating double the intake. Bit of lettuce with an apple afterwards..jobs a goodun.:hihi:

All the information is provided about it. It's up to the individual if they want to eat it.

Totally agree!! :gag::gag:

Give me quality meat, a fresh made bun and tasty toppings over that monsterosity

Yeah, imagine a proper ribeye with homemade ciabata or flatbread, some watercress, mustard, onion. It would probably cost less or same and I could buy it from Chris Beech instead.

Edited by taxman

8 pints would come to 1544 calories. Where's the outrage there? Is that acceptable to this bunch of busybodies? What happened to people reading the menu (with calories shown) and then having a bit of free will?

Hungry Horse pub chain has been criticised for offering (offering, not forcing) a 1996 calorie double donut burger....Hmm, sounds yum!

The chain says that the calorific content is shown and is just part of a range of dishes they provide.

So should the chain be criticised for providing an unhealthy product or should it be up to people to show a bit of judgement and restraint? After all many companies provide unhealthy products and many have lobbyists in Westminster such as tobacco and alcohol companies.

If people were willing to buy dog**** on toast would they be wrong to sell it?

As usual some whinging moaners are trying to force their ideas and opinions on the rest of us.

Nazi style.

I agree (I think?)

They can sell what they want, they've put the calorie content on the menu - it's not like they're trying to hide anything.

No-ones going to be standing there forcing the things down peoples throat.

If people were willing to buy dog**** on toast would they be wrong to sell it?

As usual some whinging moaners are trying to force their ideas and opinions on the rest of us.

Nazi style.

Have you got a picture? It might look more appetizing than a double donut burger.