Ched Evans to train with SUFC

I think that the 150000 are saying that Evans should never play professional football again.You might as well say that any convicted person should never work again in whatever job or profession they were previously employed in.

The gravity of his offence was reflected in his sentence which he has served.I am sure that he is probably less likely to get involved in such an incident in the future than say Madine or Terry will continue with their loutish behaviour.Madine was welcomed back at Wednesday and would have been welcomedback by the fans if he was capable of banging in a few goals.

(I am a Wednesday supporter by the way)

Let United make their own balanced decision on behalf of the club and fans and if they decide to back Evans and he can cope with the inevitable barracking that will come his way ,good for them.

Last time I looked being an ex-con wasn't illegal either.

Very true, so I assume you would have no issue with Gary Glitter resuming a music career then and selling records and having his material played on the radio...

it's what the season ticket holders and sponsors think that matters really - perhaps a vote per season ticket holder on whether to re-employ him, and see how it would affect the hard core support?

It clearly isnt, has anyone asked the fans? no.

What matters is what the board wants and what will have the most financial gain.

Call me sceptical but his coming back seems to have been on the cards for a while now and the delayed decision has been a failed attempt by the board to let fans get used to the idea and get over it and the media storm to pass.

Bit like Wednesday back in the sixties........Bronco Layne etc. Sheffield is well used to it.

Nothing like the same but yet all these years later it still gets brought up.The damage evans being back at united will do will be ten times worse but united arnt my club so I don't really care.

I'm slowly coming around to the idea that you should hold a registration to be able to play professional football, much like a nurse or midwife has to carry out their job.

Then if they do anything to bring their profession in disrepute they should have to account for their behaviour. If would remind the footballers that playing professional football is a privilege not a right.

I'm not saying that Evans can't earn a living, just that certain professions should be out of reach for a convicted rapist.

Bit like Wednesday back in the sixties........Bronco Layne etc. Sheffield is well used to it.

So your comparing betting to rape to justify your arguement?:loopy::loopy:

Looks like the crabs have finally cleared up

Wrong on so many grounds....

Convicted Rapist.....No Remorse....Feels sorry only for himself...wants his old job back like nothing has happened.

Goals over Morals

Edited by Sheridan1-0

I'm slowly coming around to the idea that you should hold a registration to be able to play professional football, much like a nurse or midwife has to carry out their job.

Then if they do anything to bring their profession in disrepute they should have to account for their behaviour. If would remind the footballers that playing professional football is a privilege not a right.

I'm not saying that Evans can't earn a living, just that certain professions should be out of reach for a convicted rapist.

I see the point, but I wouldn't go quite that far.

Evans should be able to play football at some level. Just not at my club.

Now, if on appeal Evans is cleared that's a different matter. Still ethically there will be some that say he is guilty.

I just believe UTD should wash there hands at the whole situation, dragging it on through the media is not doing the club any good.

---------- Post added 11-11-2014 at 13:42 ----------

If he was a reserve team centre half at United would you have the same feeling?...

A convicted rapist who has shown no remorse what-so-ever and yet you'd take him back without a second thought.....:huh:

Like someone said Goals over Morals...

If he came out and apologised publicly to the victim or even acknowledged the conviction, it would be a long road back but would be a start.

Edited by esme
quote tags

Last time I looked being an ex-con wasn't illegal either.

Very true, so I assume you would have no issue with Gary Glitter resuming a music career then and selling records and having his material played on the radio...

I had an issue with Garys music before his convictions,so that ones nil and void. But he is free to attempt to restart his career. Do you seriously think anyone would by his music,and would any radio station play his tracks ?

I see the point, but I wouldn't go quite that far.

Evans should be able to play football at some level. Just not at my club.

Now, if on appeal Evans is cleared that's a different matter. Still ethically there will be some that say he is guilty.

I just believe UTD should wash there hands at the whole situation, dragging it on through the media is not doing the club any good.

Why should Evans still be able to play professional football?

I had an issue with Garys music before his convictions,so that ones nil and void. But he is free to attempt to restart his career. Do you seriously think anyone would by his music,and would any radio station play his tracks ?

Employing the same logic then, why should people go along and support a convicted sex offender at Bramall Lane?