Ched Evans to train with SUFC

That doesn't match up to the story in the papers that the appeal had been fast tracked which came out around the time of his release. They have had over 3 years to appeal and there is no new evidence so the appeal will fail. Those who think that she looked stable walking into the Hotel forget or don't know about the pictures of her collapsed on the floor of a takeaway earlier. It is all smoke and mirrors buying time for the rapist to see if some desperate team will take him on.

Are you trying to say she was drunk before she went into the hotel?

If you are doesn't that mean she was in no fit state to give consent to either man?

Appeals take a long time ,it's not smoke and mirrors!!!!!

Are you trying to say she was drunk before she went into the hotel?

If you are doesn't that mean she was in no fit state to give consent to either man?

Appeals take a long time ,it's not smoke and mirrors!!!!!

She chose to travel to the hotel with one man...

...and that wasn't Ched.

She chose to travel to the hotel with one man...

...and that wasn't Ched.

I didn't say she didn't,i was simply asking why jpmorris was saying she was falling about in the takeaway.What point was there in stating this?

That could quite possibly happen.

I've heard from a very good source that Clough will resign should he be brought back!!

Guest sibon
Only to people who are looking for some kind of message in it:roll::roll:

The message from this is loud and clear monza.

Evans is a convicted rapist. United are sullying themselves by association.

I wouldn't be surprised if you were looking for 5000 fans and a new manager fairly soon.

Many united fans on here used to love to slate Ron Atkinson for a remark that was said in private but accidently broadcast, Atkinson has not worked in football commentary since but as Evan's is "their" player its ok.

Top club and top fans lol

Good match me thinks

Another one bites the dust.

"A patron of Sheffield United football club, Charlie Webster, has told the BBC she's resigned over the club's decision to allow the convicted rapist, Ched Evans, to train with the squad."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-30015434

"A patron of Sheffield United football club, Charlie Webster, has told the BBC she's resigned over the club's decision to allow the convicted rapist, Ched Evans, to train with the squad."

and she has been subjected to abuse on Twitter for her decision.

I think some of the club sponsors may follow if he actually signs for the club

Top club and top fans lol

Good match me thinks

Yes, as of course owls fans weren't cheering on their own dangerous convict at S6 this season... Both desperate teams who are happy to ditch any morality when it pleases...

It would've been better all round if he was unable to play football at all until he completed his whole sentence, so no club would even be in a position to get involved with this whole mess... i'd be astonished if he isn't with a club by the start of next season though.

Hopefully United will be able to acquire one of the strikers they're supposedly looking at currently, so they won't even be tempted into taking this further (at the moment, they have just accepted a PFA request for training)... regardless of the morality and legality of it all, it is a major distraction that NC and the team don't need at the moment.

Edited by sheff71

Where is it that he will train with the squad?, it is assumed that because he is using the facilities at the request of the PFA he is training with the squad.

Nowhere in any statement has it said he will train with the players, all the press can see is another story to twist the truth with.

The PFA who represent all players made a request for him to use the facilities, this will be done at various times and places when the squad are not there.

Any issues should be taken up with them.

Actually she is not and never has been a patron of Sheffield United Football club. She has however resigned as a patron of the Sheffield United Community foundation

The Sheffield United Community Foundation is a charity working in the areas of sport participation, education, health and social inclusion.