Ched Evans to train with SUFC

Posts and those quoting them have been removed for abuse. You know the rules by now - we will not tolerate this.

Further- if anybody else feels that rape is only rape if violence is used I strongly suggest that they check their facts before stating such.

Ched Evans was convicted of rape. In the eyes of the law he is a rapist, and we are not about to allow his victim to be persecuted further with conjecture about what happened to her not being rape. A court has determined that it was indeed rape and that is the end of discussion.

No further warnings will be issued on this subject

Elequantly put Mort, people need to understand this!

That's fine for future offences when your scheme is in place, but until then its left to the owners to weigh the benefits of employing such people.

I think United are giving him chance to get fit, and then if cleared he is ready to go.... And if not cleared, they may just tell him to move on.

Good post,just about sums it all up in a few lines,The same old things are being stated over and over and over again on here such as bringing gary glitter into it or footballers are a role model............sheff71's post says it all for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

---------- Post added 11-11-2014 at 18:59 ----------

Elequantly put Mort, people need to understand this!

Also they need to understand ched and sheffield united are breaking no laws and doing nothing illegal if/when he trains with us:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Good post,just about sums it all up in a few lines,The same old things are being stated over and over and over again on here such as bringing gary glitter into it or footballers are a role model............sheff71's post says it all for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

---------- Post added 11-11-2014 at 18:59 ----------

Also they need to understand ched and sheffield united are breaking no laws and doing nothing illegal if/when he trains with us:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Very true (legally) morally, That's another story!

I think people need to move on from the actual incident, it's just walking over the same ground stirring up the same arguement.

the arguement/debate should now be about how SUFC are handling this and how what they intend to do, the have set the wheels in motion for something already.

A very good point has been made on owlstalk, ched will be on the sex offenders register and won't be allowed near any kids under 16, how will this affect juniors and youths teams at SUFC shirecliffe academy? Apparently they will not be allowed on site at the same time.

Have United took into account the players feelings about the situation?

Very true (legally) morally, That's another story!

"MORALLY" ,how many things in football are morally wrong???????

I am just stating the fact no law is being broken!!!!!!!!

I'm not disagreeing mate ;)

morally rape is almost the worst of the lot, specially for a club which prides itself on its community / family aspects, thats why its wrong to even entertain the thought of bringing a convicted rapist back

Cash will rule Uniteds final decision! as testosterone and alcohol ruled Ched and his purported victims grim night out!............lets not try to introduce any sense of morality into this........cash is king! and that people, is why we are all victims!

morally rape is almost the worst of the lot, specially for a club which prides itself on its community / family aspects, thats why its wrong to even entertain the thought of bringing a convicted rapist back

Are we going to base every decision in football on whats morally right or just this one,serious question although i think i already know the answer:roll:

The PFA requested that the player be allowed to train and use the facilities obviously because he knows the set up. The PFA represent every professional footballer and if you object to him being allowed the facilities to do this then get in touch with your squad of players to make representation to the PFA to deny him this. So with the PFA sanctioning the situation, if you do not agree with this then vote with your feet and stay away from footballers who in effect are backing the decision by not taking any action.

Gordon Strachan nailed it during the world cup. Anyone who thinks there are any morals in professional football is a damn fool. Its a sport with no shame, all that matters is money and results, nothing else.