Ched Evans to train with SUFC

I have divided opinions on this.

Evans argues that he was given consent. But in the eyes of the law there was question mark over whether the girl in question was in a fit state of mind to give consent.

For this, 12 members of the public agreed the girl wasn't fit to make the judgement after reviewing all the evidence.

Evans is yet to offer any explanation of how this is wrong. All he says is that he had consent. Which a jury disagreed with.

The presence of the other chap in question is irrelevant - she willingly went to the hotel room with him. She did not with Evans.

Paul Blomfield recognises Evans's major failing here. He had sex with a woman who in the eyes of the law did not enter that room to have sex with Evans, did not expect Evans to show up, and was in no fit state to agree to having sex with Evans when he did show up. He took advantage of a vulnerable woman with an immoral and despicable act. Yet Evans recognises this only as an 'act of infidelity' and believes the only victim is his girlfriend.

While I am firmly of the opinion that all convicted criminals should be allowed to freely carry on with their lives after they have served their time (with the exception of those that are potentially a threat to minors and vulnerable people), there has to be some recognition of the crime committed, and some remorse shown.

Evans shows no remorse; his attitude to the case and his apology aimed primarily at his girlfriend shows he still has no regret for his actions and the consequences they have had on the victim.

If he feels so strongly that he is innocent, and that he has a case for appealing and overturning his conviction (which he has tried once and failed on) then he should take a step back from the public eye until his name is cleared. If his name is cleared then debate over.

If he can't clear his name, then he should accept what 12 of his peers have concluded: he is guilty, and is a rapist. He should stop stamping his feet and demanding they change their minds just because he doesn't like it. He should do the right thing. He should show humility and compassion. He should apologise to his victim.

Until he does that, then anyone who employs him, associates with him, or champions his cause should hang their heads in shame.

The voice of reason. Bang on!

I cant tell you why it is affecting your view,BUT it is!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your signature makes it quite obvious that your own opinion is affected by the fact that you support United while complaining that Wednesday fans are affected by support for their club. Many United fans oppose Evans going back, something you're not prepared to acknowledge.

I notice the local MP, a United fan, also opposes Evans returning. Maybe he supports Wednesday too.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-30023695

I think it's unlikely Evans will return now with sponsors threatening to abandon the club.

Should a person convicted of theft or assault be banned from playing football?

He should be banned because he continues to excuse rape and his views bring the game into disrepute. Football needs to disassociate itself from Evans and his views.