Ched Evans to train with SUFC

Bert McGhee was a penny pinching ex chairman of S.W.F.C. who, despite being told twice by Sheffield Police and the F.A. that the Leppings Lane end crush barriers were unfit for the job they were there for, flatly refused to

sanction any money to make them safe, this was after fans were injured in two previous Semi Finals and going a long way to account for the deaths of Ninety Six innocents in 1989.

His actions in the weeks following are beyond a normal persons understanding, one of the first things he did was to ask the F.A. for financial help because Leppings had to be temporarily closed and finances to make safe the ground.

What was he convicted of by Thatchers Boot Boys? ... nothing, they were all too busy getting their heads together to blame someone else.

McCabe employs a convicted rapist.

What do I think? I think that they are millionaires who listen to no one, are arrogant and don't give two hoots what is considered fair by Joe Public.

Sheffield football is a laughing stock and the likes of Evans need their bo****ks ripping off.

That's my opinion kid ... Make of it what you will while you're up there on your high horse, one thing, don't ever tell me what my opinions are.

Why am i considered to be on a "high horse"...because i have views on your club taking back a convicted rapist??

It was you who made the bizarre comparison to Bert McGhee as some sort of justification to your point...(probably because he has Wednesday connections)

and the "dont ever tell me what my opinions are"comment...grow up..it was question...read it again...

Edited by Sheridan1-0

I answered that question here:

Not all other professionals are censured by their professional bodies for being a potential threat to someone. Bringing your profession into disrepute is enough sometimes.

It'll be easy to bring about for footballers. Every footballer has to be registered, if you commit a serious crime, the FA then decide if you can continue to hold a registration or not.

That's fine for future offences when your scheme is in place, but until then its left to the owners to weigh the benefits of employing such people.

I think United are giving him chance to get fit, and then if cleared he is ready to go.... And if not cleared, they may just tell him to move on.

Don't forget the PFA have backed his return to professional football:

Convicted rapist Ched Evans should be allowed to play professional football again, according to Professional Footballers’ Association chief Gordon Taylor.

Taylor believes the 25-year-old should be accepted back into the game when he is released from prison despite his five-year sentence for rape in April 2012.

The PFA chief told the BBC: ‘I didn't know there was a law that said once you come out of prison you still can't do anything.

‘As a trade union we believe in the rule of law... besides that, he still wants to contribute to society.

‘If he earns money he'll pay taxes. Those taxes will go to help people who maybe can't get a job.’

Regards

Doom

If there were a 'Like' button on this forum I would have found myself clicking 'Like' on almost every one of Dooms comments on here.

This from a Wednesday fan.

United are not my team so I have no vested interest whatsoever. Plus I am a woman who totally abhors the crime CE was convicted of.

I have found Dooms entries on many subjects to be level headed, factual and relevant.

I know that this has nothing to do with football but credit where credit is due.

157 thousand signatures i wonder how many are sufc and football related please dont say all of them if we had 157 thousand fans that wanted to turn up every game we would not have any need for ched we could buy rooney instead

hes only training for god sake so now people are saying he should not be keeping fit now .if he does sign that will be the decision of the club and for his football.

Bert McGhee was a penny pinching ex chairman of S.W.F.C. who, despite being told twice by Sheffield Police and the F.A. that the Leppings Lane end crush barriers were unfit for the job they were there for, flatly refused to

sanction any money to make them safe, this was after fans were injured in two previous Semi Finals and going a long way to account for the deaths of Ninety Six innocents in 1989.

His actions in the weeks following are beyond a normal persons understanding, one of the first things he did was to ask the F.A. for financial help because Leppings had to be temporarily closed and finances to make safe the ground.

What was he convicted of by Thatchers Boot Boys? ... nothing, they were all too busy getting their heads together to blame someone else.

McCabe employs a convicted rapist.

What do I think? I think that they are millionaires who listen to no one, are arrogant and don't give two hoots what is considered fair by Joe Public.

Sheffield football is a laughing stock and the likes of Evans need their bo****ks ripping off.

That's my opinion kid ... Make of it what you will while you're up there on your high horse, one thing, don't ever tell me what my opinions are.

Wednesday would not even pay for the St Johns first aid teams at the matches which would have cost them a massive £35 quid but they did get a free pie.That was big hearted of them wasn't it.They just kept on operating even with out a safety certificate.There engineer was to scared to suggest that the capacity of the leppings lane end was to high,that might have jeopardized them being awarded semis in the future.He said he was told this by the then board (Gaurdian newspaper report).So please less of the moral preaching from Sheffield 6.

---------- Post added 11-11-2014 at 16:22 ----------

I answered that question here:

Not all other professionals are censured by their professional bodies for being a potential threat to someone. Bringing your profession into disrepute is enough sometimes.

It'll be easy to bring about for footballers. Every footballer has to be registered, if you commit a serious crime, the FA then decide if you can continue to hold a registration or not.

I see what you mean but this sanction is not in place regarding footballers and convictions .So its a non starter.

hes only training for god sake

If they had no intention of signing him they wouldn't let him near the place.

I have no problem whatsoever with ex offenders returning to the community and gaining employment. I'm a firm believer that if they've served the time they should be allowed a second chance.

However

What really baffles me is why a club, with a tainted reputation in football already (SUFC gained many enemies through the Tevez affair) would even consider re employing a player who's incarceration arguably cost them promotion, who dragged the club's name through the mud and continues to plead innocence despite being found guilty AND losing an appeal.

SUFC should have washed their hands of him straight away once convicted - as should SWFC with Madine for that matter. These aren't just employees like some would make you believe, they have a responsibility to their fans and the community in general.

Here's my opinion ,for what it's worth - I am a lifelong Wednesday supporter (female) & old enough to remember the bribery scandal involving three Wednesday players in the 1960s.It was inevitable that someone would bring that into the discussion, but what hasn't been said is that although these players tried to revive their careers (not sure now if that applies to all three,to be honest) that certainly wasn't successful & it's my guess that the unsavoury Mr Evans won't be the player he was before all of this. The Blades may well find themselves reviled by most decent & straight-thinking supporters for very little return- just an average League One player who has missed out on what he could have been,and all of his own doing.

As a woman,I abhor the idea of anyone who has been convicted of rape being allowed into the public arena again - if he does clear his name, then the situation is different, but our unscrupulous friends at Bramall Lane may have done well to wait for that day before they invite him back.

Finally, someone mentioned Nigel Clough as a man of principle - whether NC has had a say in this or not,I wonder what his Dad would have said if someone convicted of rape rejoined one of his teams?

I would let him play again, but not in the football league (English or Scottish)

Ban him from playing any higher than the conference or the highland league in the UK, his wages wouldn't be anything to get excited about, he'd have little influence on a very small number of people, he gets to carry on playing football and makes a living, a top conference team would probably still pay him 1-2k a week.

I think that will be his natural level now anyway, after spending time out of the game.

If he wants to play at a higher level, let him plough his trade abroad.

If he gets the charges dropped on appeal, then obviously he is free to do as he pleases, but until then I don't thin SUFC should get involved, it's proven in the media how being connected to him is being viewed as a negative

What really baffles me is why a club, with a tainted reputation in football already (SUFC gained many enemies through the Tevez affair) would even consider re employing a player who's incarceration arguably cost them promotion, who dragged the club's name through the mud and continues to plead innocence despite being found guilty AND losing an appeal.

And you know what baffles me Blue day ?

Why the Blades are hated when it was WEST HAM who cheated and got caught , Im still trying to work that one out....

And you know what baffles me Blue day ?

Why the Blades are hated when it was WEST HAM who cheated and got caught , Im still trying to work that one out....

And so am I.It might have something to do with that nice Mr Brooking.You know the fella that works for the F A.