Ched Evans to train with SUFC

Nope

Thats all I needed, thank you for the double standards you have displayed today, please come back again.

Will prove to be a toxic decision. The couple of Blades I know are wholley againgst him coming back

We are all divided but we're just going to have to deal with it. The club will have thought long and hard about all potential outcomes (I hope). If Ched did sign a contract with us and United got promotion. This time next year it would all be forgotten about...

The more united get desperate for goals the more they will court controversy by bringing him back, had they been top of the league and scoring for fun he wouldn't enter the equation, goals over morals.

Thats all I needed, thank you for the double standards you have displayed today, please come back again.

What double standards?

Regards

Doom

He's not walking back into it though, he's signed no contract (yet), he's only training with the squad.

Let's say he did sign:

Yes, he's served the length of time deemed acceptable by those in charge.

If he was a reserve team centre half at United would you have the same feeling?...

Like someone said Goals over Morals...

It splits opinions i accept.....but i wouldnt welcome him back under any circumstances if he was a Wednesday player..

Edited by Sheridan1-0

We are all divided but we're just going to have to deal with it. The club will have thought long and hard about all potential outcomes (I hope). If Ched did sign a contract with us and United got promotion. This time next year it would all be forgotten about...

That's a half decent post IMHO. I believe that the promotion component is totally irrelevant though.

The club WILL have given it a lot of thought. Given that they may also have a greater insight into the pending legal proceedings, they must have concluded that there is a possibility that a miscarriage of justice has taken place. I refuse to accept that the manager would have no say in this matter: NC is an honest, decent and well-respected manager who doesn't tolerate players who bring the club's name into disrepute. We have seen at least one player in that category shown the door since NC took charge.

Shall we all wait to see how the legal side pans out before making a judgement?

Not at all, because I believe Rolf to be guilty of abusing young girls, whereas I consider Ched was involved in a rather seedy incident between two consenting, if rather drunk, adults.

If there was any evidence that Ched had used violence or a weapon to get his wicked way, then I'd have a completely different opinion.

Regards

Doom

So its ok to rape as long as theres no weapon or violence involved

The more united get desperate for goals the more they will court controversy by bringing him back, had they been top of the league and scoring for fun he wouldn't enter the equation, goals over morals.

United DESPERATE for goals , coming from an owl that's hilarious :hihi::hihi:

Don't keep worrying yourself over United pal its not good for your health ive been doing it for over 50 years...

If they bring Ched back then its a decision made by SUFC and as a Blade for life I am still going to come back home and watch them when I can and kick every ball on Blades player every week when Im listening to them.

Will there be controversy YES and probably not a good decision by the Blades to bring him back IF that's the plan but, we are used to controversy and everyone hates us anyway...

If he clears his name then there will be a load of egg on faces, if he doesn't then those who reinstate him into football will look bad.

As for my 2 penneth , I still don't know what to think about this whole fiasco and that's exactly what it is a FIASCO.

I know hes not under contract to United but the club does need to make a statement one way or the other and very soon.

.. but if you read dooms post carefully he is of the opinion this was consensual (if a bit seedy sex). I'm not of that opinion by the way

TalkSport just said (12-30 news) that United wouldn't comment on whether they would allow Evans to train with them, so according to TalkSport, Evans still hasn't kicked a ball yet, or touched a weight.

I've already said I don't believe it was rape.....I believe Ched genuinely thought he had been given consent.

Violence would suggest it was forced and therefore no consent is given.

I would imagine being raped against your will with physical force is incredibly frightening.

Regards

Doom

If Ched did sign a contract with us and United got promotion. This time next year it would all be forgotten about...

Great post.

People are saying the blades dont need him but what they do need is promotion, and if he can help that people will soon forgive and forget.

Football fans are fickle and football is not squeaky clean, its all about the money and all about promotion for SUFC.

I wonder if the people saying they wont come to another game at this 'family club' said the same when the Prince took over?