Ched Evans to train with SUFC

I'm not sure that's the case.

I was talking to my Barnsley supporting mate and he reckons Barnsley are involved in a joint development with the Council to develop land around Oakwell. He thinks it would probably put that development in jeopardy if Evans was to join Barnsley.

I'm personally happy to see him back training at the Lane:

1. Having read the details of the case, I think there's certainly a lot of doubt in my mind with regards to the safety of the verdict. What he did was morally reprehensible, but I remain to be convinced it was rape.

2. He's served his time and should be allowed to get on with his life.

I would have taken a different view if violence had been involved, but it wasn't.

Regards

Doom

If Rolf Harris ever gets out of prison, do you want to see him on TV again?

Serious question.

I heard united didn't officially give consent for him to train,but he turned up anyway.

Playing devils advocate here (I dont support either Sheffield club) but would you think the same were he an Owls player?

I know this was not directed at me but I couldn't care less if Ched was at wednesday. The fact is, he's an ex United player who's now training with us, I for one hope he get's back top full fitness and is able to perform close to how he did before this whole saga started.

After alot of thought i have come to the conclusion that i don't agree with this- fishy small about the case maybe but at the end of the day he is still a convicted rapist.

I don't want him near my club and i don't want the club to undo YEARS of good work in the community in search of a few goals that he may or may not provide.

Serious question.

See post 4...!

---------- Post added 11-11-2014 at 12:13 ----------

I know this was not directed at me but I couldn't care less if Ched was at wednesday. The fact is, he's an ex United player who's now training with us, I for one hope he get's back top full fitness and is able to perform close to how he did before this whole saga started.

Do you think its right that he can walk back into the job he was doing before his conviction,as if nothing happened?

My two penneth.

Currently, he stands as a convicted rapist but there is a possibility that he will be cleared on appeal or by the miscarriage of justice activity that is currently proceeding.

For all the 'experts' on here, a few facts.

1. His girlfriend does not believe he is a rapist and stands by him.

2. No, her loyalty is not financially orientated. She runs her own successful business and comes from a wealthy family so the usual pathetic clinging WAG scenario is a non-starter.

3. Yes, I accept that he was disloyal to her, but that is something for Ched and Tash to sort out. Given that they are still together, I believe that answers itself.

I hope that due course of legal process results in an overturn of his conviction.

Before the self-righteous jump on their pedestals , maybe a dose of inward looking may help. Not one of us has never erred from the straight and narrow so as the good book says, "let he (or she) who is without sin cast the first stone".

I, for one, would welcome him back irrespective of his goal scoring history.

Serious question.

Not at all, because I believe Rolf to be guilty of abusing young girls, whereas I consider Ched was involved in a rather seedy incident between two consenting, if rather drunk, adults.

If there was any evidence that Ched had used violence or a weapon to get his wicked way, then I'd have a completely different opinion.

Regards

Doom

Will prove to be a toxic decision. The couple of Blades I know are wholley againgst him coming back,he can continue his football career hut for everyone should look for a club away from Sheffield.

Not at all, because I believe Rolf to be guilty of abusing young girls

You have seen all the evidence, then?

Do you think its right that he can walk back into the job he was doing before his conviction,as if nothing happened?

He's not walking back into it though, he's signed no contract (yet), he's only training with the squad.

Let's say he did sign:

Yes, he's served the length of time deemed acceptable by those in charge.

You have seen all the evidence, then?

Nope, but there were a number of different victims over a long period of time.

Maybe I'm being unfair on Rolf, because I've certainly taken far less interest in his case than I did in Evans.

Regards

Doom