Ched Evans to train with SUFC

Oh god, no. If we can afford him we can afford someone who's not a rapist, surely?

Well maybe all the fans can vote with their feet and not attend the next home game?

Its wrong on so many fronts...

Would Stuart Hall come out of prison and walk straight back on to Radio 5 ....or

Max Clifford go back to representing celebrities or

Rolf Harris come back to painting portraits of the Queen

of course not, there would be outrage.....how can convicted sex offenders expect to walk back into their old job as if nothing happened?

If,on the other hand,he clears his name...then thats a different story....

A moraly correct family club.Surely not.desperate times at lane

Welcome back Ched hope he clears his name, still think he is innocent if we don't sign him then someone else will and he will score goals UTB.

A moraly correct family club.Surely not.desperate times at lane

Morals and football? Are you serious?

It's success and money at all costs.

Welcome back Ched hope he clears his name, still think he is innocent if we don't sign him then someone else will and he will score goals UTB.

Playing devils advocate here (I dont support either Sheffield club) but would you think the same were he an Owls player?

Good chance he could still go to Barnsley if we don't keep him.

Got to look @ it as a football perspective someone will sign him, nothing to do if he was a Wednesday player or not, we have had Marlon King and he is :loopy:

Everyone is going to have an opinion, and every blade I speak to not 1 have said don't sign him.

---------- Post added 11-11-2014 at 11:42 ----------

Yeah I think that aswell Danny Wilson loves him

Got to look @ it as a football perspective someone will sign him, nothing to do if he was a Wednesday player or not, we have had Marlon King and he is :loopy:

Everyone is going to have an opinion, and every blade I speak to not 1 have said don't sign him.

Plenty of people upset on the SUFC Facebook page.

I'm not sure that's the case.

I was talking to my Barnsley supporting mate and he reckons Barnsley are involved in a joint development with the Council to develop land around Oakwell. He thinks it would probably put that development in jeopardy if Evans was to join Barnsley.

I'm personally happy to see him back training at the Lane:

1. Having read the details of the case, I think there's certainly a lot of doubt in my mind with regards to the safety of the verdict. What he did was morally reprehensible, but I remain to be convinced it was rape.

2. He's served his time and should be allowed to get on with his life.

I would have taken a different view if violence had been involved, but it wasn't.

Regards

Doom