Firm to employ Hungarians to make sandwiches

THe economy is fine. Unemployment isn't that high - lowest since 2008.

But the amount of people getting benefit and amount has gone sky high.

I know loads of people working 24hours on minimum wage and claim housing benefit and tax crdeit etc etc

Since they are doing 24hours . it is consider to be full time,so job center will not push them into looking for money , it looks great on the book but each family is costing taxpayer £15-25k a year on benefit while contribute nothing into system

Go on,I'll bite,how do you know they're immigrants just be looking?

Well I'm from that locale so I listen to them talk - which I know is cheating. But I suppose they could all be foreign language students just practicing, I didn't check IDs. And the Eastern Europeans smoke more generally ;)

But feel free to stand at the bus stop outside greencore and draw your own conclusions.

Well I'm from that locale so I listen to them talk - which I know is cheating. But I suppose they could all be foreign language students just practicing, I didn't check IDs. And the Eastern Europeans smoke more generally ;)

But feel free to stand at the bus stop outside greencore and draw your own conclusions.

I know the place well..used to be one of my customers when it was Sutherlands..I still drive past it most days..

I know the place well..used to be one of my customers when it was Sutherlands..I still drive past it most days..

So what's your take on it then? They all British ( which given the areas unemployment figures, they should be?)

So what's your take on it then? They all British ( which given the areas unemployment figures, they should be?)

Don't suppose they are all British..not sure why you think they all should be..

Don't suppose they are all British..not sure why you think they all should be..

Well, I understand it, the likes of greencore (and this isn't just exclusive to them by any stretch) they are having to advertise jobs abroad because they can't get staff, that's the case in leafy(ish) Northampton with (relatively) low unemployment. But there is no way you can say Rotherham (and stretch that to immediate surrounding areas) has anything but high unemployment. You'd have thought more people (what ever their ethnic group) would be local. Rotherham doesn't have a massively high immigrant population if memory serves.

Well, I understand it, the likes of greencore (and this isn't just exclusive to them by any stretch) they are having to advertise jobs abroad because they can't get staff, that's the case in leafy(ish) Northampton with (relatively) low unemployment. But there is no way you can say Rotherham (and stretch that to immediate surrounding areas) has anything but high unemployment. You'd have thought more people (what ever their ethnic group) would be local. Rotherham doesn't have a massively high immigrant population if memory serves.

Maybe some folk don't want to make sarnies for a living..rightly or wrongly you can't force people to work even there are jobs on their doorstep..

Maybe some folk don't want to make sarnies for a living..rightly or wrongly you can't force people to work even there are jobs on their doorstep..

True, but the local(ish) population shouldn't bitch about immigrants coming in and terkin er jerbs ( I'm looking at you, bnp voting maltby)

One of my suppliers (potato) had to "import" 60 polish people to work for the month when the new crop of potatoes needed harvesting and sorting. They put them up in a big warehouse! They hired some portaloos and bathrooms for them. I remember when I left school we went to work in the fields potato picking and the other veg. It was all cash in hand but I can't remember how much we earned. It was hard mucky work but we had a laugh. Did anyone else do this or was it just what we did in our village?
I remember spending my holidays in Norfolk pea picking. The money was handy and we had a laugh. That was around 45 to 50 years ago and just about everyone doing it was British. There was no problem, that I saw, with home-grown recruitment then.

If the company paid a decent wage, British people would want to do the job. There is no job that no British people would do for the right wage.

I am glad they are looking to fill the vacancies with local people in the new factory unit. It would be a very easy boycott issue and the place would not be open long.

If the company paid a decent wage, British people would want to do the job. There is no job that no British people would do for the right wage.

According to willman an aquaintance of his earns £500 at greencore per week. Is that not enough?