Firm to employ Hungarians to make sandwiches

TROUBLE IS THE LAZY LAYABOUTS HERE WONT GET OUT OF BED FOR ANYTHING NO WORK ETHIC! the sooner benefits are stopped being paid in cash and turned into vouchers the better thats the only way to stop it!!

I see the right wing trolls have crawled out of the woodwork.....They seem to infest each and every thread with their mean minded poison. Someone call in Rentokil.

Mod Note:

I know it can be hard at times, but lets be a bit more civil to each other please :)

Thanks.

Why don't they just get robots to make them, that way they won't have to pay them a penny.

Robotic machinery will require an investment of £ millions.

Hungarian immigrant workers will cost next to nothing

Yes, but they're not prepared for work for 50p an hour, unlike these Eastern Europeans.

Did you hear the CBI today demanding that Cameron should continue allowing mass immigration from Eastern Europe?

No if your are unemployed you HAVE TO WORK FOR NOTHING for twelve months. then if you are still unemployed (surprise surpise) you have to do another twelve months so called work placement. Why would employers pay for workers when they get them for free?:loopy:

Mod Note:

I know it can be hard at times, but lets be a bit more civil to each other please :)

Thanks.

it'll cost ya a sandwich ;)

One of my suppliers (potato) had to "import" 60 polish people to work for the month when the new crop of potatoes needed harvesting and sorting. They put them up in a big warehouse! They hired some portaloos and bathrooms for them. I remember when I left school we went to work in the fields potato picking and the other veg. It was all cash in hand but I can't remember how much we earned. It was hard mucky work but we had a laugh. Did anyone else do this or was it just what we did in our village?

I remember when I left school we went to work in the fields potato picking and the other veg.

and there's the problem. It's all very well doing this sort of cash-in-hand manual labour as a kid, but don't expect to support a family or pay a mortgage doing it!

We need a national boycott of the products this company makes, and although I've done the sandwich making job, considering the practices that went on, I wont be eating them by default.

Yes, but they're not prepared for work for 50p an hour, unlike these Eastern Europeans.

Can you blame them?

---------- Post added 10-11-2014 at 23:37 ----------

One of my suppliers (potato) had to "import" 60 polish people to work for the month when the new crop of potatoes needed harvesting and sorting. They put them up in a big warehouse! They hired some portaloos and bathrooms for them. I remember when I left school we went to work in the fields potato picking and the other veg. It was all cash in hand but I can't remember how much we earned. It was hard mucky work but we had a laugh. Did anyone else do this or was it just what we did in our village?

I used to do this at a farm in Marsh Lane. It was hard work, but we'll paid for a 14 year old. Paid for my beer and fags for the week :hihi:

TROUBLE IS THE LAZY LAYABOUTS HERE WONT GET OUT OF BED FOR ANYTHING NO WORK ETHIC! the sooner benefits are stopped being paid in cash and turned into vouchers the better thats the only way to stop it!!

I suspect they'd rather just pick pocket or shoplift or perhaps just beg.

The way the economy is going, we'll all be applying for those jobs in 2016 :o

I suggest you dust off your CV and spend the next two years practising your sandwich making! :hihi:

THe economy is fine. Unemployment isn't that high - lowest since 2008.