Top 0.1% wealth almost equal to bottom 90%

You have illustrated a good point here!

If we had hiked up business tax, then these fleeing businesses would have been fleeing from here! But now we get 45% of something and not 50% of nothing, we get the associated jobs too!

That is if they actually pay all the tax they should. But we are in the realms of tax evasion here, which is why they come here. Our laws are lax when it comes to the super rich and so complex that much tax is not properly collected. Therefore it's weighted in the favour of the very wealthy, which is what a tax haven is and why they come here.

Which magnate was it that said he paid less tax than his cleaner?

That is if they actually pay all the tax they should. But we are in the realms of tax evasion here, which is why they come here. Our laws are lax when it comes to the super rich and so complex that much tax is not properly collected. Therefore it's weighted in the favour of the very wealthy, which is what a tax haven is and why they come here.

But if even some pay (no figures to dispute), that's better than none (if they'd left because of the penalative tax forced on them).

Dunno, you tell me :D

---------- Post added 14-11-2014 at 18:03 ----------

Oh found this Anna...

http://www.economist.com/blogs/bagehot/2012/03/britains-2012-budget-3

The myth of the "hedge fund boss boasting about paying less tax than his cleaner"

Is there a lower tax country? (serious question.) I understand UK is now one of the top tax havens in the world, which is why Russian oligarchs etc are flooding here.

In Bolivia, they have a flat rate of income tax at 13%.

You have illustrated a good point here!

If we had hiked up business tax, then these fleeing businesses would have been fleeing from here! But now we get 45% of something and not 50% of nothing, we get the associated jobs too!

The silver tongued defender of the rich and privileged rides again. Are you a law student by any chance?

Edited by Stan Tamudo
privileged

The silver tongued defender of the rich and privileged rides again. Are you a law student by any chance?

I take it you agree with the logic!

Even Liberalism doesn't agree with being unfair to the rich simply for being rich! In essence it makes doing well a crime!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberalism#Liberal_economic_theory

I take it you agree with the logic!

Even Liberalism doesn't agree with being unfair to the rich simply for being rich! In essence it makes doing well a crime!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberalism#Liberal_economic_theory

My heart bleeds. How's the Law degree going girl?

My heart bleeds. How's the Law degree going girl?

You wouldn't believe me if I told you the truth will set you free!

In the few weeks i've been on here i've been labeled a fascist, a racist, an idiot, friendless, lifeless, jobless, druggie, smackrat, homophobic, a Christian, inept, unable to write coherent sentences and many more, so, now being labeled a female law student comes as a nice surprise. :wave:

I'm glad you see me as virtuous and fair, thankyou!

You wouldn't believe me if I told you the truth will set you free!

In the few weeks i've been on here i've been labeled a fascist, a racist, an idiot, friendless, lifeless, jobless, druggie, smackrat, homophobic, a Christian, inept, unable to write coherent sentences and many more, so, now being labeled a female law student comes as a nice surprise. :wave:

I'm glad you see me as virtuous and fair, thankyou!

The Tamudo charm works its magic.

No, they don't come here to perform tax evasion, because that's illegal and when caught they are heavily punished.

No, they don't come here to perform tax evasion, because that's illegal and when caught they are heavily punished.

....Really.... a bit like all the punishment the bankers have received for ruining the economy. - Oh sorry, I got that wrong, it was bonuses wasn't it.

....Really.... a bit like all the punishment the bankers have received for ruining the economy. - Oh sorry, I got that wrong, it was bonuses wasn't it.

Tax evasion is illegal. End of.

Or you might prefer the words of multi millionaire Leona Helmsley, who said

'We don't pay taxes. Only the little people pay taxes...'

Now admittedly, she's American and they don't muck about like we do, (at least some American bankers have gone to prison,) and she got 16 years in the nick. Errr... but was out after 15 months...

So let that be a lesson to us all!