Found great new pet shop

I thought I would share this as I think its great, a new pet supplies shop called Hooner Pet Supplies has open recently in Ecclesfield Village on the High Street where the Card Shop used to be, the staff are really friendly and knowledgeable, I have two dogs and I was feeding them Royal Canin which was costing me a fortune and they went off it recently. I spoke to the gentleman at the shop and he gave me free samples of their own food called Infinity, he explained all the ingredients and compared them to several other brands. My dogs tried the samples and I have never seen then enjoy there food so much, i went back the next day and bought a large bag which was a lot cheaper that Royal Canin and the bag is bigger to. I am a very happy customer and I will be going back at the weekend to get my two some treats :-) :-)

......this advertisement is brought to you by Hooner Pet Supplies! Where every customer is a happy customer!

......this advertisement is brought to you by Hooner Pet Supplies! Where every customer is a happy customer!

How cynical are you!!!!!

Most pet owners really appreciate information and feedback like this, and many people may not know about this without this sort of post so it's informative.

Even if it is an advert it's doing you no harm so why bother with your pointless post!

I assume that the food Guinness3378 talks of is a white label dog food. These are made in a factory for the independent retailer who then puts their own label on it. Other pet food is also produced at these factories. They are a fair bit cheaper than branded dog foods as the overheads for producing them are lower (no advertising, plain packaging etc). The pet owner does need to read the ingredient list carefully. Some are not clearly labelled and are quite poor (they tend to be the cheaper ones). If the product is not clearly labelled then it is best to avoid it. However, there are some of these white label foods that are quite respectable nutritionally and good value for money.

Guinness3378 is right - support your local pet food shops because if we don't, they will disappear and all we will be left with is one or two pet superstores and supermarkets.

Heads up to this shop I been today very good value for money highly recommend to everyone

I assume that the food Guinness3378 talks of is a white label dog food. These are made in a factory for the independent retailer who then puts their own label on it. Other pet food is also produced at these factories. They are a fair bit cheaper than branded dog foods as the overheads for producing them are lower (no advertising, plain packaging etc). The pet owner does need to read the ingredient list carefully. Some are not clearly labelled and are quite poor (they tend to be the cheaper ones). If the product is not clearly labelled then it is best to avoid it. However, there are some of these white label foods that are quite respectable nutritionally and good value for money.

Guinness3378 is right - support your local pet food shops because if we don't, they will disappear and all we will be left with is one or two pet superstores and supermarkets.

Couldn't have put it better myself.

I have met the owner of this shop a couple of times and had conversations about food. Be seems to know what he is talking about and had some great visions for the shop when it opened. He has two huskies and a german shepherd who all have great coats and he had a great harness to have both huskies on a leash attached around his waist. I am not a personal friend, just seen him when out walking cassie and got to talking about food and the harness which is when he mentioned his plans to open the shop.

It's good that he has knowledge of dog food. :thumbsup: So many pet owners are in need of accurate advice regarding diet and choice of product. Supermarkets are not the place to shop for dog food - despite the glossy advertising and the hype there is nothing on their shelves that represents good nutrition for our pets.

Whilst on the subject of dog food, the programme 'Rip Off Britain' will be showcasing a piece about this. It will be aired in March 2015. The owner of the website All About Dog Food is taking part. It should make interesting and informative viewing. When the subject has been in the media before it has stimulated a lot of interest and many people have changed their dogs onto a more nutritious food.

Edited by ccit

Ive also been in the shop, the bloke is lovely and very helpful, Its quite a well stocked shop too to say its not big, and he did say he could order items in that I needed, He's a lot cheaper than pets at home which is where I normally shop, I shall be going there from now on, Like someone already said, Id rather support a local business than fill pets at homes pockets!