Taxi drivers becoming a problem?

A taxi is allowed to set down and pick up on yellow lines or at a bus lay bye rather than block the highway.( i do.)

And for the record there are still some decent un's of us left.

I agree, to set down and pick up only, not stack. All up and down west street / leopold street, the taxi's park up waiting for fares as soon as streetforce finish working for the day, causing problems for buses picking up/dropping off passengers at the kerb, making them walk in the road. The number of times i've seen taxi's parked in bus stops, seen streetforce approach, and they all jump in their cars and move straight away, yet as soon as streetforce go, they are back.

Example, the York pub, Broomhill, double yellow lines, each and every evening / night black cabs parked on the double yellow lines, engines turned off, often drivers chatting to each other on the pavement, and not for a few minutes, but obviously waiting for anyone that may want a cab.

Everyone knows that Taxi drivers do what the hell they want, and it's annoying that they get away with it.

If i drove my car, or parked my car like taxi's do, i'd be banned within a week

Ring Mercury, they are very good and nowhere near as expensive. Put the number in your mobile, problem solved

Do a poll on here and look at the comments and that should give you a good idea of who people trust.

Ring Mercury, they are very good and nowhere near as expensive. Put the number in your mobile, problem solved

City Cars are Cheaper

---------- Post added 13-11-2014 at 20:58 ----------

Do a poll on here and look at the comments and that should give you a good idea of who people trust.

City Cars 1000+ Drivers ..Mercury 350 Drivers......Others ?????

City Cars are Cheaper

---------- Post added 13-11-2014 at 20:58 ----------

City Cars 1000+ Drivers ..Mercury 350 Drivers......Others ?????

City cars is the big company that a lot of people seem to hate, having over 1000 drivers doesn't mean they are popular.

I support the smaller firms myself even though my own brother drives for city cars.....

It's a joke.

Every time folk start moaning on here about taxis... Unless the licensing authority or the police can do anything ... they need evidence, otherwise it is a waste of time.

If you have a complaint about a taxi or driver, you must be sure that you have some form of identification.

Every car has a license plate and every taxi has a taxi license plate outside and a license card inside.

Build into your life skills the habit of remembering one of these numbers. The Taxi License Number is usually the shortest.

You all have smart phones, don't you? so just take a quick snap of the car before you jump inside.

And City Have the Biggest Contracts ie NHS & All The Colleges to name but a few......

It's a joke.

Every time folk start moaning on here about taxis... Unless the licensing authority or the police can do anything ... they need evidence, otherwise it is a waste of time.

If you have a complaint about a taxi or driver, you must be sure that you have some form of identification.

Every car has a license plate and every taxi has a taxi license plate outside and a license card inside.

Build into your life skills the habit of remembering one of these numbers. The Taxi License Number is usually the shortest.

You all have smart phones, don't you? so just take a quick snap of the car before you jump inside.

This really does no good. We had one driver walked up and down west street / leopold street and took photo's / video's of all the taxi's parked in bus stops, got their plate numbers and reg numbers, collected all together and presented it to the Licencing authority, only to be fobbed off, saying this isn't enough evidence, and wasn't enough proof.

They really don't care, as i've said many times, Taxi drivers get away with everything they do, it will never change until the authority get the balls to tackle the issue

I go back to High Green or Grenoside on a weekly basis and I've never had a problem.

I had a bit of a disaster in Nottingham on Saturday night, just missing my link train to Derby. I had to jump in a taxi at Nottingham station and the driver was more than happy to drive me the 15 miles to Derby Station....That was a £30 I wasn't expecting. :mad:

Is Killamarsh outside the Sheffield boundary? - I thought there was usually an extra charge for heading outside the city boundary.

Regards

Doom

killamarsh is classed as sheffield but is in derbyshire.

Back to the main post re Killarmarsh, I am a Sheffield Hackney Driver and only work nights. I have had my cab damaged on several occasions when going under the bridge just before Killarmarsh. Stones have been thrown to smash the windows and headlights broken etc. I have complained to the Police and obviously by the time they get there, there is nobody found so any damage has to come out of my own pocket.

Hence why I will now flatly refuse to take anyone there at night. For the sake of a £15-£20 - I'm sorry but its not worth the risk. I am entitled to refuse a job to anywhere I don't feel safe or at risk. Simple. Unless the council or the police put something in place to reimburse any damage that happens I won't take the risk. Why should I expect to cover such from my own insurance or expenses?

With regards to other posts about taking money up front - again from having worked at night I will ask for money up front. I've had too many incidents and even police officers have said to me that I should take the money first when I have had to take people that can't pay back to the Police Station. Clearly they don't want to be dealing with this sort of stuff and it wastes my time waiting for them so I will at night as for money first. You should all know roughly how much it should cost so will know if you are being ripped of or not. If you don't like it - you can always find another cab or private hire. There's plenty out there.

I agree - there are plenty of bad drivers out there - I've seen them and some I know. But there are some good ones out to earn an honest living. Just like there are Good passengers and bad ones. If the cab smells of sick - think why - it's very unlikely that the cab driver has got out from the driving seat to throw up in the back. Not many will pay the full fine to have this cleaned properly and if this was to happen at 12am then where do you go to get this cleaned properly?

Back to the main post re Killarmarsh, I am a Sheffield Hackney Driver and only work nights. I have had my cab damaged on several occasions when going under the bridge just before Killarmarsh. Stones have been thrown to smash the windows and headlights broken etc. I have complained to the Police and obviously by the time they get there, there is nobody found so any damage has to come out of my own pocket.

Hence why I will now flatly refuse to take anyone there at night. For the sake of a £15-£20 - I'm sorry but its not worth the risk. I am entitled to refuse a job to anywhere I don't feel safe or at risk. Simple. Unless the council or the police put something in place to reimburse any damage that happens I won't take the risk. Why should I expect to cover such from my own insurance or expenses?

With regards to other posts about taking money up front - again from having worked at night I will ask for money up front. I've had too many incidents and even police officers have said to me that I should take the money first when I have had to take people that can't pay back to the Police Station. Clearly they don't want to be dealing with this sort of stuff and it wastes my time waiting for them so I will at night as for money first. You should all know roughly how much it should cost so will know if you are being ripped of or not. If you don't like it - you can always find another cab or private hire. There's plenty out there.

I agree - there are plenty of bad drivers out there - I've seen them and some I know. But there are some good ones out to earn an honest living. Just like there are Good passengers and bad ones. If the cab smells of sick - think why - it's very unlikely that the cab driver has got out from the driving seat to throw up in the back. Not many will pay the full fine to have this cleaned properly and if this was to happen at 12am then where do you go to get this cleaned properly?

We get the same problems with the buses, stones/bricks thrown, smashing the windows, it seems to be happening each and every night lately. I've lost count of the times messages come over the radio telling us to close our cab windows when driving through certain areas so the missiles don't come through. I remember the other week, driving through Staniforth Road, a young lad, about 11 or 12 walked into the road, and threw a stone straight at my windscreen, in broad daylight. Others walking by just laughed, the kid then walked to the pavement laughed and stuck two fingers up at me.

Town Police Clauses Act 1847 - Section 53,54,55 and 56 cover the original complaint.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/vict/10-11/89

For the Parking on yellow lines argument that has gone off try this.

http://www.appealnow.com/taxi-driver-and-private-hire-drivers-High-Court-decision/

Should end the roundabouts of arguments people are having. :huh:

For Complaints about drivers/vehicles use the email address

[email protected]