Dk Modelling in Chapeltown

Bet you jayVee is part of the modelling company. i have never heard a good word from a small company. As all the big company get their models from well known company and not some micky mouse outfit in a small town. you might be lucky and get to pose for a cataloge company for just above minimum wage if you are lucky.

DK have been doing this since at least 2007:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=502879

If they were not genuine then you'd think that Google would turn up lots of complaints or that they would have gone away by now.

If they get 1 mug a day on average conning them out of £300 each thats £1500 a week for doing next to nothing. why wouldnt it still be in business. there is always one born every minute

Bet you jayVee is part of the modelling company. i have never heard a good word from a small company. As all the big company get their models from well known company and not some micky mouse outfit in a small town. you might be lucky and get to pose for a cataloge company for just above minimum wage if you are lucky.

You look familiar, who were you previously ?

My little girl currently models through DK, PM me if you have any questions :-) they are fab and definitely reputable :) x

My little girl currently models through DK, PM me if you have any questions :-) they are fab and definitely reputable :) x

So to clarify;

You work for them

You related to them

They've stolen all your money

They've burnt your house to the ground

Indicate as appropriate

Why do some people on here hate it when there's a potentially good resolution to some situations?

DK modelling is nothing to do with me other than my 3 grandchildren are with them - I am usually the one who takes them for auditions or shoots as my wife and I are retired.They will explain to the OP that it is down to the client as to who gets chosen and yes luck does come into it!!

ps at the last shoot my youngest grandaughter got£120 per day PLUS expenses for three days.

Thank you I have pmd you

So to clarify;

You work for them

You related to them

They've stolen all your money

They've burnt your house to the ground

Indicate as appropriate

Why do some people on here hate it when there's a potentially good resolution to some situations?

:hihi::hihi:

I don't think them requiring photographs can be seen as a payment up front. Most models have a portfolio and they can use it wherever. With it being kids as well I assume some will come and go when the interest fades so the company won't want to continually be paying for photographs that are no good.

Looking at the DK it's pretty upfront about the £65

http://www.dkmodels.net/become-a-model

Looking at their galleries there is a lot of conveyer belt images that look identical in their set ups, some are very well done others are poorly done despite being the same setup.

It they maybe they use different people in house to do the images and would explain the difference in the well lit and not so well lit images, it would be worth picking out a few you like or don't like then asking who took them.

The thing you need to remember it's the clients that choose who they use, so it's best find a few photographers and see what they can offer, TFP would be a fairly modest way of doing it without then throwing huge amounts of cash down a bottomless pit, then if those images lead to paying work, you can then justify spending more as a real business expense.

Times may have changed but 10-12 years ago my niece was "spotted" at Crystal Peaks by scouts from what at that time was a well-known, well-respected local modelling agency. I don't remember if she had to pay for her portfolio but she did have to buy some "catwalk" shoes(!?!?) - a pair of basic black mid-heel court shoes. She was on their books for a few months & got a couple of jobs (one was for a Hair magazine as I recall) but decided it wasn't for her & didn't pursue it. The agency were very specific about maintaining a generic model look - "Don't change your hair colour", "Don't cut your hair shorter than shoulder length", "Don't pluck your eyebrows" & (most worryingly) "The girls on our books who get the most work are size 8 or smaller" (to a 15/16 year old who was only size 10 anyway!).