Dk Modelling in Chapeltown

Its common practice by such modelling agencies and a way of selling photoshoots.

Every girl wants to model these days and its a very hard competitive saturated market to be in. Get your own shots done independently and see how far things go when there is nothing they can gain from you. Almost every person will be accepted when there is some money to be made selling a shoot to another hopeful parent.

By arranging your own shoot you will have much more control over the shots - make sure to view portfolios etc, and you'll know truly who is interested in signing her up when they can't sell you anything.

There are plenty of good photographers but if you go with the agency shoot you'll never know if they just wanted your money or not and moreover you could get your daughters hopes up unnecessarily. keep it one step at a time and then deal with agencies at leisure if its what you really want. By the way take online reviews with a pinch of salt - they can be paid for too!

Good luck to her

Edited by Ha3el

Its common practice by such modelling agencies and a way of selling photoshoots.

Every girl wants to model these days and its a very hard competitive saturated market to be in. Get your own shots done independently and see how far things go when there is nothing they can gain from you. Almost every person will be accepted when there is some money to be made selling a shoot to another hopeful parent.

By arranging your own shoot you will have much more control over the shots - make sure to view portfolios etc, and you'll know truly who is interested in signing her up when they can't sell you anything.

There are plenty of good photographers but if you go with the agency shoot you'll never know if they just wanted your money or not and moreover you could get your daughters hopes up unnecessarily. keep it one step at a time and then deal with agencies at leisure if its what you really want. By the way take online reviews with a pinch of salt - they can be paid for too!

Good luck to her

Excellent words of wisdom....

Excellent words of wisdom....

he said munching on a deep fried mars bar :rolleyes:

he said munching on a deep fried mars bar :rolleyes:

Sorry never tried one. I like to keep healthy.

Well done for not biting on boothybabe trolling

Have a look back through your 33 posts ;)

I dont know any astronauts either, what of it ?

Isn't that proving the original point? Astronauts are rare, as are successful models who make money!

Isn't that proving the original point? Astronauts are rare, as are successful models who make money!

So are professional footballers compared to the amount of lads who want to be one, but if nobody tried then nobody would succeed would they!!!

Yes of course, just pointing out the quoted comment was pointless!

And Ha3el has hit the nail on the head - if they want her they will accept a portfolio she has created on her own terms!

I hope the op has time to come on here & tell us of her experience with the agent, be it good or bad. It would seem that a few on here expect her to have all her money stolen & her house burnt to the ground

I will come back and share what happened,

I have no intentions of giving out my bank details to anyone. I feel my daughter deserves the opportunity for me to at least try on her behalf, I have my head screwed on and won't be signing any sort of contract on the day or handing over any cash.

I hope the op has time to come on here & tell us of her experience with the agent, be it good or bad. It would seem that a few on here expect her to have all her money stolen & her house burnt to the ground

I will come back and share what happened,

I have no intentions of giving out my bank details to anyone. I feel my daughter deserves the opportunity for me to at least try on her behalf, I have my head screwed on and won't be signing any sort of contract on the day or handing over any cash.

My 3 grandchildren are with them and each has had work!The photos are needed for their casting sheet(as you will see on their website)They are a reputable company and very easy to deal with but they cannot guarantee work - thats down to the 'advertisers'choosing from the casting photos - even then they may only be called for an audition - sometimes at short notice (retired grandparents come in handy!!!!)Go and see them and they will explain everything fully - they make their money from successful plaqcements.

You are brave! I hope it works out for you. The trade is full of scammers but the reply above offers some hope!

In general:

A good agency will make its money on commission on work that they get for models on their books. They won't charge a portfolio fee.

"Agencies" that just want to charge a fee to naive teenagers are on programmes like Watchdog every so often, for as long back as I can recall. It's a popular scam to recycle because you get new generations of naive teenagers ripe for parting from their cash. See the reports by The Mirror newspaper:

http://blogs.mirror.co.uk/investigations/acting-model-agencies/

Here's a particularly nasty outfit from this year's BBC Rogue Traders:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/10xHL2cR9rx3m0v7BF9fP26/makeover-london-ltd