Dk Modelling in Chapeltown

Around 2 months ago my 9 year old daughter showed an interest in modelling, it's a long story so won't go in to it.....

anyway I sent an application to Dk models in chappletown as they were nearby and their website looked great, I forgot all about this until today when I received an email from them saying they were interested in representing her, they don't require any fees to put her on their books or for any of the interviews, but they charge £65 for a portfolio shoot only if accepted (it does also say that if you don't want the portfolio done by them they can point you in the direction of another photographer)

I just wondered if anyone has ever had any dealings with this company? Can they be trusted? Are they reputable?

Any info would be greatly received as I wouldn't want to go along and be disappointed. Thank you :help::)

They can be trusted and are a reputable company I have dealings with them on a weekly basis through work. Hope this helps

Hi, thank you that really does help, I'm really excited for her, I will ring them tomorrow and arrange the interview :) thanks

Never (and I mean never) pay money to any modelling company asking you to cough up money up front. Even if they direct you to a photographic studio.

If they think your daughter has potential, they will invest in her and reap the rewards at a later date.

Edited by GLASGOWOODS

I work on the same business park as them and they are really lovely people!

You do not have to worry about them with your daughter, they are a genuine reputable company and will do everything as they should.

Hope this makes you feel better.

Thank you everyone, iv booked the appointment for next month (they must be really busy!!) :)

Not sure why you asked for advice on here? You seem to have ignored the one useful bit of advice you were given and just taken the responses you clearly wanted anyway...

As said above, if any agency (modelling/talent) believes in someone and thinks they can generate work for them they would never ask for a payment for anything upfront.

I have done some of my own research, and like I said they don't ask for money upfront for being on their books or for any consultations, I already know not to hand money over to companies that are not recommended but from the reviews on the Web they seem legit, I don't see anything wrong with paying for photo's after all models need a portfolio. All I wanted to know is if the company is reputable.

Making you pay for the photoshoot is the same as paying money upfront..

Not sure why you asked for advice on here? You seem to have ignored the one useful bit of advice you were given and just taken the responses you clearly wanted anyway...

As said above, if any agency (modelling/talent) believes in someone and thinks they can generate work for them they would never ask for a payment for anything upfront.

Glad you've picked up on this.

I hope I'm proved wrong, as I don't like to see kiddies disappointed.

However, this is how some modelling companies work.

They look at a photo of child and tell you everything you want to hear.

They refer you to a professional studio and take a deposit (this is to book the studio) If you don't turn up on the day, there is another charge, which could be double, or even more. You may have already given them all your bank details, so they could dip in and take it.

You turn up at the studio and they treat you like royalty. A good ploy they use is a weekday appointment (when daddy is at work) After the shoot comes the highly pressurised big sell. They may demand you buy at least 1 photo, which could start at £50. You could walk out paying hundreds of pounds for crap pics you could have done yourself.

I'm not saying this particular company has a bad reputation. Just checkout the small print.

Edited by GLASGOWOODS

Alternatively, everything could be OK.......

Glad you've picked up on this.

I hope I'm proved wrong, as I don't like to see kiddies disappointed.

However, this is how some modelling companies work.

They look at a photo of child and tell you everything you want to hear.

They refer you to a professional studio and take a deposit (this is to book the studio) If you don't turn up on the day, there is another charge, which could be double, or even more. You may have already given them all your bank details, so they could dip in and take it.

You turn up at the studio and they treat you like royalty. A good ploy they use is a weekday appointment (when daddy is at work) After the shoot comes the highly pressurised big sell. They may demand you buy at least 1 photo, which could start at £50. You could walk out paying hundreds of pounds for crap pics you could have done yourself.

I'm not saying this particular company has a bad reputation. Just checkout the small print.

It isn't just modelling companies, there are a lot of companies that claim to represent people in many ways, singers/models/any sort of talent really...

As said before, if the company believes in someone's talents the company would invest and pay any fees for demos/photos/tutoring ect as they would full expect to gain rewards at a later date.