What's a dee-dar ?

I always thought it was cos of the sheffield dialect. as in.

Get over 'ere thee. but on that wiki it shows as "dee-dar" please correct me if im wrong

Da knows wot dar doin dee does :D

translation: Competent.

I always thought it was cos of the sheffield dialect. as in.

Get over 'ere thee. but on that wiki it shows as "dee-dar" please correct me if im wrong

I always thought dee dar was the noise 1960s police sirens made.

Dee-dar is what people call us from Sheffield because of the way we talk. I was once told that the reason is because in the old days they couldn't afford sirens for the fire engines so they would sit people on top of them shouting DeeDar DeeDar - I have never lived that day down - pmsl:D

:hihi: Easy one - I am a native Sheffield lass (now in Oz) dee daa's are commonly known due to their accent : example - nah den de wat da doin ere?

translated to :- now then you - what are you doing here?

Sarah

It's what Rotherham-ers and Barnsley-ers call Sheffield-ers. Which is odd, because I don't ever say "What dar doing, dee?". Sounds more like a Barnsley accent to me. I never did get it.

I always thought dee dar was the noise 1960s police sirens made.

Arrr, your thinking of a nee nar :D

I always thought dee dar was a name for people from Barnsley not Sheffield, ive been calling my step mum a dee dar for years now. Dee dar to me is more of a barnsley talk has i notice they call cars as "key-ar" so that more of dee dar talk then we do.

I always thought dee dar was a name for people from Barnsley not Sheffield, ive been calling my step mum a dee dar for years now. Dee dar to me is more of a barnsley talk has i notice they call cars as "key-ar" so that more of dee dar talk then we do.

Nah, any game between Barnsley and a Sheffield team results in the Barnsley crowd shouting "Dee - Dar" throughout the game. Similarly they will also shout it at any player who has played for a Sheffield club.

Apparently Sheffielders say Dee and Dar instead of Thee and thar.

Yooooooo Redsssssssssssss

my sister's a proper de dah were both from sheffield but i dont talk like her...she tends to say den instead of then and so on.

Dee dont do dat doh dee's days do dee den? :huh:

or

They dont do that though these days do they then?

We've got one lad from Barnsley and on lad from Sheffield at work, They call each other Dingle (I believe a reference to Emmerdale Farm) and Dee Dar .