What To Do About Malicious Accusation Of My Dog, Biting Someone?

My elderly (11 years old) dog, who, in reality, has not got a bite in him, has been accused of biting someone who came to my house. I'm extremely upset, as he did not bite anyone, at all, and I'm concerned she might try and force the dog to be PTS, out of malice.

He is the sweetest-natured, friendliest little boy, and I feel sure that the accusation is being made out of spite, as I was there throughout this alleged incident, and saw nothing.

She said, "Oh he bit me!" to which I replied

"What, when and how? He doesn't bite!"

"Just now, on my foot!" (Points to well-booted foot)

"Well I can't see where he could have done so there's not a mark on you and he didn't make a sound!"

If someone comes to the house, he will bark, of course:- that's his job, but once he knows that I've allowed the visitor in, and that I'm happy with them being in my home, the dogs settle down. You might get an "attention on me!" type of bark, a general sort of "play with me" type bark, but he didn't even do that.

I just don't know what to do, to defend myself and my dog against this false accusation

I've never owned a bite-ey dog in my life, all my dogs I've ever owned have all been well trained, and good-natured, and it worries me that she can allege such a thing.

Sensible advice would be appreciated please, and no unhelpful anti-dog comments, thanks.

Thanks in advance.

ok heres my suggestion , unless there is proof he has done this for example bit marks which if a dog has bitten there would be ! little dogs can get excited to see people and fussy he may have nosed the boot but if you aren't sure if he has or hasn't maybe crate him when people are round then they can't accuse you of having a bitey dog !! which i must say having met them seems far fetched hun

If there is no bite mark this is going nowhere so don't worry about it.

Even if there was a mark, and even if it bled, the dog was in it's home

with it's owner so puts a different light on the whole "bitten by a dog"

scenario.

Serious question though, what kind of guest/friend does this sort of thing?

scenario.

Problem is the new dog laws which need adjusting!!!

scenario.

It's malice, Andrejuan, in my opinion. I made a complaint about this person/ the company she works for, and it's my belief this is retaliation for my complaint.

It's malice, Andrejuan, in my opinion. I made a complaint about this person/ the company she works for, and it's my belief this is retaliation for my complaint.

Oh I see.

Well any right minded person will see through it.

Easy for me to say don't worry but it's a non starter in my opinion.

Any excuse like I said carer probably got told off so she now thinks you can be punished ! Well line I said crat them when carers come then they can't lie about anything

Is there any possibility that this person is not very happy around dogs generally and who is expecting any sort of contact to be aggression? I could understand if someone was to, for instance, feel contact and assume it was the dog trying to attack them when in actual fact it was the weight of the dog standing on them.

Of course there's still the possibility of malice. In that case I don't think that they have a leg to stand on if they can't demonstrate how he was out of control.

On the one occasion that a child said that Molly had bitten them I showed them a video of Molly eating a bone (it was a large bone and she bit straight through it) and explained to the child that if Molly wanted to bite them they would have holes because she can chew straight through bones and eats chicken carcasses every day. If they didn't have holes then that was because Molly didn't want them to have holes, which shows that Molly was fully under control and didn't actually mean to hurt them at all.

Medusa, no, she owns dog(s). it's sheer spite, IMO.

There was no bite/ lunge or anything.

Medusa, no, she owns dog(s). it's sheer spite, IMO.

There was no bite/ lunge or anything.

and i came to your home and saw that the dogs were not aggressive , they didn't know me at all so i don't believe for 1 minute that your dog did that and remember we took stuff away from your house no aggression

Surely she would need to show some evidence such as pictures or a Dr visit?

Some people are slightly hysterical around dogs. I was walking D on lead in Chatsworth, some kids ran up from behind past us, then one started screaming that D had bit them. They had ran that close to us the child's flailing hand had actually hit him in the face as they ran past and he had completely ignored it.

One mother started to mutter and threaten.....ignoring the poor hysterical kid.... and I then pointed at D who was stood happily, unaware of the drama and pointed out the fact he was wearing a muzzle...she was very embarrassed and took the squealing child away with her when she realised being bitten by him was an impossibility and the fact was that she was too busy gabbing to another mother and had jumped to conclusions.

Does make you think though, that through no fault of mine or D's it is easy for someone to make accusations. The new dog laws are horrendous as just the fact someone can feel threatened can make your dog be at risk. I'm sure you will be fine, if she has no injury I'm sure there is no evidence, I would just keep the dog locked away to keep him safe when they come round so you don't end up in the same situation again.

How long since this incident didn't happen? Any witnesses? If you haven't had a knock from the police, I wouldn't worry too much. Even then there is no evidence unless she smuggled in a bite in her boot. What did she do after saying her boot had been licked?