Disappointing fruit n veg from market

Thast why you can pick and you use your eyes. When they are 3 punnets for £1, then you should be checking how ripe they are. Same for strawberries.

Yes I'll remember that. I'll dig out the raspberries from on top and check the ones underneath. I'm sure that will improve the produce for the other customers. The only problem with that idea is I'd end up with bright red sticky fingers which isn't a great look and nor does it make you any friends when you go to a clothes stand.

Lets talk Bacon.

Pack of 8 rashers. Top rasher in pack always the best looking one. Plenty of meat and little fat. Turn the pack over and BAZOOOOM! Plenty of fat and little Bacon.

Avocados! Can't stomach them personally. But, reckon after giggling through this topic, Avos will be them main theme swimming in my dreams toneight.

go to stuarts fruit and veg in market great guy very fair prices good quality

Yes I'll remember that. I'll dig out the raspberries from on top and check the ones underneath. I'm sure that will improve the produce for the other customers. The only problem with that idea is I'd end up with bright red sticky fingers which isn't a great look and nor does it make you any friends when you go to a clothes stand.

Err,you could just turn the punnet upside down and look. Just a thought :-)

Carrots 60p kg

broccoli 60p

spring cabbage 60p

Cauliflower 80p

dont be silly.

would take years to get into the 1000's of pounds like Kidley reckons.

To be fair, at those prices a few dud 'uns don't make much difference.

Err,you could just turn the punnet upside down and look. Just a thought :-)

Yes, because the last ones I bought came in a green plastic container, and sometimes a black one. It wasnt a problem though, I just popped home for my Infra-Green/Black radar specs and mobile X-ray machine, so I could see through the solid green/black coloured plastic. :suspect::suspect:

Yes, because the last ones I bought came in a green plastic container, and sometimes a black one. It wasnt a problem though, I just popped home for my Infra-Green/Black radar specs and mobile X-ray machine, so I could see through the solid green/black coloured plastic. :suspect::suspect:

I wish there was a raspberry button.

I go to the organic fruit and veg stall a lot, its all local produce from sheffield farms, she is cheaper than other places that sell organic stuff. When i only have a bit to spend I go to Stuarts.

if you are in the trade and go to wholesale market often. you see those markey trader buying up all the veg thats on its last leg for cheap or pick up what the traders have left out for dustman. if you dont belive me go to parkway market around 10:30am and see them at work

if you are in the trade and go to wholesale market often. you see those markey trader buying up all the veg thats on its last leg for cheap or pick up what the traders have left out for dustman. if you dont belive me go to parkway market around 10:30am and see them at work

no they are not they are scavengers, mostly off the wybourn trying to make a little money, i have been in the pubs where they try and sell it. and seen them in the parkway market doing it.

Lets talk Bacon.

Pack of 8 rashers. Top rasher in pack always the best looking one. Plenty of meat and little fat. Turn the pack over and BAZOOOOM! Plenty of fat and little Bacon.

Avocados! Can't stomach them personally. But, reckon after giggling through this topic, Avos will be them main theme swimming in my dreams toneight.

Agree about the bacon. There was a stall in Castle Market that sold packs of two gammon slices, very often the top one was a nice looking lean slice but the one underneath had a lot more fat. I used to turn them over to check if I could manage to do it without the staff noticing, but if they saw me I got disapproving looks.

It made me wonder how they expected anyone to buy it more than once.

With regard to fruit and veg I get most of mine at Bingham and Brown, you might pay a bit more but it is top quality

Edited by Angela P
Typo

I wish there was a raspberry button.

I wish there was a like button :hihi::hihi: