Disappointing fruit n veg from market

I try to promote the local market and tell people to go there instead of supermarkets, but i'm sorry when you deliberately sell a rotten avacado to your customers then you don't deserve them to come back. Wish I knew the name of the fruit n veg stall so i could name and shame them. You need to up your game, i'm afraid. I won't ever be back. :rant:

Indeed, I'm also a fan of the Moor Market, especially because markets are usually a more friendly and less stress meet and shopping environment.

If this happens on a regulary basis you can (and should) contact your local health authorities:

http://www.sheffield.gov.uk/environment/environmental-health/food-safety.html

so that they can further investigate. I think the stallers in Moor Market are really concerned about their customers and I am quite sure they know that happy customers are returning customers.

The Moor Market has a great unused potential and are an important connection to local farmers.

minimum spend know £5-8 week

Would you care to tell me how long i have been shopping in the market?

Not for much longer judging by the way you got in state about a bit of veg.

Not for much longer judging by the way you got in state about a bit of veg.

a bit negative, could you be a little clearer, what state was i in, i thought it was a cool clear decision not to go to that stall again quite a few years back. i now go to a very good one a bit further down, a very good choice on my part me thinks.

ps, i dont buy bits of things either and it was fruit, i think thats what you call plums. Have you woken up yet:huh:

experience ] that stall has lost thousands of pounds in sales off me.

I must have told him a "Thousand" times to stop exaggerating, :D

I must have told him a "Thousand" times to stop exaggerating, :D

only a little bit, how many times did you say:hihi:

Carrots 60p kg

broccoli 60p

spring cabbage 60p

Cauliflower 80p

dont be silly.

would take years to get into the 1000's of pounds like Kidley reckons.

I know a family of vegetarians who don't spend much on meat but do spend an awful lot on veg. There again I know a restaurant owner who spends a lot on both meat & veg.

999, why should i have to check every item i buy from the market? surely it would be nice to expect not to be sold food that is off?

and no, you don't always get to check produce before you buy. in the market it is fairly common to see lovely fresh mushrooms on display to then be sold older mushrooms that are hidden. that's pretty common.

let me run this by you all again. I asked for 3 avacados. the guy chose 3 and put them in a bag. i paid and went home. when i unpacked my fruit and veg, one of the avacodos was clearly off as it was practically turning to mush. i was annoyed.

not hard to understand is it?

999, why should i have to check every item i buy from the market? surely it would be nice to expect not to be sold food that is off?

and no, you don't always get to check produce before you buy. in the market it is fairly common to see lovely fresh mushrooms on display to then be sold older mushrooms that are hidden. that's pretty common.

let me run this by you all again. I asked for 3 avacados. the guy chose 3 and put them in a bag. i paid and went home. when i unpacked my fruit and veg, one of the avacodos was clearly off as it was practically turning to mush. i was annoyed.

not hard to understand is it?

Ofc but you said you had a strong supsicion he had sold you a bad one. Its the same as when you were complaining about the co op scamming you. It saves you a lot of hassle if you think soemthings wrong to check it there and then so they can cirrect the issue rtaher than going home so you cna post on the forums about it.

My rule of thumb would be if it was something small like a tangerine id ignore it and take it against all the money saved. If I felt annoyed enough to post then id return the item to the stall and have a word with the owner in a reasonable manner and im sure he would apologise and exchange it immediately. I'd avoid accusing him of defrauding me.

If you dont go and back and get it changed then you arent giving them a chance to rectify. Soemtimes mistakes are made.

Will you be going nack to let them rectify the matter or cut your nose off to spite your face as you did with the co op?

I've bought punnets of raspberries in the market in the past and found the ones at the bottom were mouldy and had been covered with fresh ones stuck on top.

Ofc but you said you had a strong supsicion he had sold you a bad one.

no, i didn't.

and no, i won't be going all the way into town to return an avacado. i won't use them again. that's my power as a consumer, as is telling other people about them or to warn other people about the co-op. as it turns out, i didn't need to warn people about the co-op because either they already knew because it happened to them regularly or they had so much time, they could check every single item there and then like yourself.

no, i didn't.

and no, i won't be going all the way into town to return an avacado. i won't use them again. that's my power as a consumer, as is telling other people about them or to warn other people about the co-op. as it turns out, i didn't need to warn people about the co-op because either they already knew because it happened to them regularly or they had so much time, they could check every single item there and then like yourself.

Nope I stand corrected you just said they deliberately sold you the bad one, although you dont actually have any proof of that other than that you got a bad one. It could easily have been a mistake. Youd rather bitch and moan as usual rather than seeking to get your money back.

Your logic as I recall was you claim to have had problems before over the discounted food you were buying and the till not taking into account the reduction. You claimed not to have the 1-2 minutes it takes to look at your receipt or be able to put the problem items to one side to run them through as a group but would rather go all the way home and if it was wrong then you could run to the forums to complain or you could catch a bus all the way back because all the shopkeepers in sheffield are in a conspiracy to defraud you.

An employee on minimum wage isnt bothered about defrauding you, the money doesnt go to them. If you wont use some common sense and you wont go and get a replacement because youd rather moan on here how hard done by you are, then enjoy your wallowing.

Whats the next shop you are going to complain is defrauding you?

---------- Post added 09-11-2014 at 16:05 ----------

I've bought punnets of raspberries in the market in the past and found the ones at the bottom were mouldy and had been covered with fresh ones stuck on top.

Thast why you can pick and you use your eyes. When they are 3 punnets for £1, then you should be checking how ripe they are. Same for strawberries.

I was fed up at the co-op at always having to point out their error, so much so that it occured to me that it might not be an error at all. others have had the same issue. and your reply to the above post is also BS as you can't always check. do you think i would have bought a rotten avacado if i'd have been able to check? either read what people write or troll off somewhere else.