Disappointing fruit n veg from market

I try to promote the local market and tell people to go there instead of supermarkets, but i'm sorry when you deliberately sell a rotten avacado to your customers then you don't deserve them to come back. Wish I knew the name of the fruit n veg stall so i could name and shame them. You need to up your game, i'm afraid. I won't ever be back. :rant:

Which market? Maybe a good idea to give people a clue as to the location if this thread is to have any affect.

moor market

No surprise there, that entire place is an utter disappointment.

No surprise there, that entire place is an utter disappointment.

Idisagree. Without the market, all that would be left is supermarkets. The choice of meat and fish is much better in the markets and i'd hate to lose them. However, deliberately selling rotten fruit and veg is no way to run a business. It only takes one incident like that to put a customer off for life, as it has with me.

Avacados usually rot from the inside out, you can buy them from supermarkets inspect them and still get a bad en.

. .....but i'm sorry when you deliberately sell a rotten avacado to your customers then you don't deserve them to come back. . . . :rant:

Could you enlighten us into how you know they deliberately sold rotten fruit to you ?

I doubt it was deliberate. I know of only 4 fruit and beg stores in there. The prices are very good value because the fruit they sell isnt always of the uniform size the supermarkets demand. When I mean good value im talking half the price of supermarkets, except maybe Aldi.

I had discovered the avocado was bad I would take it back and they would exchange it. Not convinced they sold you a deliberately one. What would be the point? To lose a customer for a few pence?

What evidence do you have that they knew it was bad and they were trying to scam you?

they chose which avacados to sell me. as soon as i got home and got it out of the bag, i knew it was off just by touching it as it almost squashed in my hand.

Where's that 'first world problems' emoji????

they chose which avacados to sell me. as soon as i got home and got it out of the bag, i knew it was off just by touching it as it almost squashed in my hand.

It's a market. You're free to select which items you buy.

All you've gotta do is talk to the people.

I daren't mention cousin Tristrans bruised lemongrass. His ukelele group were mortified