'English only' rule for Lidl

There's a much, much better way ahead that should be law for all employers in the UK - make it illegal to employ people whose first language is not English.

Of course it will never happen, but the country would be a better place if it did.

You'll never get a decent curry.

You'll never get a decent curry.
Why not? Just reintroduce slavery, that way such people would not have to be employed, but could be gainfully utilised, and the staff costs would drop significantly - reducing the price of a curry.

Win-win all round.

Why not? Just reintroduce slavery, that way such people would not have to be employed, but could be gainfully utilised, and the staff costs would drop significantly - reducing the price of a curry.

Win-win all round.

You're trolling, and I'm fairly sure you've been here before under a different username.

Win-win all round.

No.

The price of a curry wouldn't drop; the restaurant owner would simply keep the prices the same and pocket the difference.

It's a capitalist's wet dream.

You're trolling, and I'm fairly sure you've been here before under a different username.

Fairly sure?! :hihi:

Straight on the ignore list this one!

Fairly sure?! :hihi:

Straight on the ignore list this one!

Definitely Coutts/Fernand again! Linguistic software programmes are wonderful things...

That's not paranoia I've experienced it in loads of shops.

Why would they (foreigners) be speaking in English in the first place, in private, if their co-language is not English, but Mandarin?

I am a foreigner here in the Philippines. If I am in the company of some other foreigner who has Eng!ish as their first language, regardless of our foreign language skills, we will ALWAYS speak in English in private.