New LED street lights

The real problem with them is they haven't been very consistently installed.

In some areas, like near me, they have mostly been spaced well so you don't get pools of light with a gap of dark. I feel much safer walking about at night and its clear to see pot holes and dog turd when the old lights you never could.

I have however seen other areas where this is definitely a problem, its particularly bad on hills which obviously being Sheffield means quite a lot of areas. They also didn't plan for some unlit bus shelters and poorly managed trees which cause shaded patches. They did with the old lights too but its more apparent now because you can see so much more easily in general.

I also do wonder with the latest research into blue light harming wildlife, if it wouldn't have been better to at least use a slightly warmer white in most places. Although I do think the blue white is useful for the faster roads as it helps to stop drivers falling asleep at the wheel.