New LED street lights

I would visit your local councillor / MP surgery with a copy of the photos, or email them to him / her. In my experience a telephone call or email from them usually gets things moving.

I would visit your local councillor / MP surgery with a copy of the photos, or email them to him / her. In my experience a telephone call or email from them usually gets things moving.

Thank you - I did actually contact them via the contact page email on Tuesday (said 5 days). Saying that, just checked the MP surgery schedule and that's an option.

Thanks for the pointer.

---------- Post added 11-12-2014 at 17:15 ----------

They seem to put a lot of light into folks bedrooms. I know one or two who have had to buy black out curtains in order to sleep.

The odd thing with the ones causing us problems - the light doesn't shine anywhere near as much as the old lights in our bedrooms - even the one its virtually outside! Our bedrooms are very dark now.

However, they distribute light in a small vicinity downwards and its like having a floodlight outside our front room at the moment

Prefer them to the old yellow lights.

Looks much better.

At 63, my eyes don't work as well as they used to (nothing does!) but they can still tell the difference between the LED lighting on the roads I regularly drive along:

Woodseats Road: good, even lighting as you go up the hill until it starts to level off, then it seems to plunge into relative darkness. :cool:

Carterknowle Road: seems pretty dim from top to bottom - what light there is seems to be in 'pools' rather than well spread.

Always nice to avoid the 'OK, so it really is just me' feeling - anyone else have any views on these two streets in particular?

Well after being told the previous information I had been given (that the new light heads were temporary) was actually incorrect and the heads were permanent, just noticed Amey have arrived to replace them! So they WERE temporary after all! The work was being carried out by the same lads I saw a week or so ago.

So at least that's been sorted - but another example of incorrect information being given! The amount of incorrect info I've been given by streetsahead is just unbelievable.

Saying that, the Amey lads said the job they were due to come back on last Monday to fit the backplate (the original issue I reported 6 months ago) had been taken off them Monday morning and passed to someone else. Its still not been done.

Aaaagh - however, I'm going to leave this now as its not worth the effort anymore, just glad the floodlight type light has been changed this morning!

Just gone up outside on Meadowhead.

I need blackout curtains............

And they are propagating my tomatoes already.....

Am I right in thinking they're installing fewer actually lampposts than were there previously and they'll be in a different position?

Do they mark out where they're going to be installing them and if so what colours/symbols do they use?

The lights at the bottom of Chesterfield Road do help to see the road better etc.. It'll be better once they're all done then it should be consistent.

Thanks

Am I right in thinking they're installing fewer actually lampposts than were there previously and they'll be in a different position?

Do they mark out where they're going to be installing them and if so what colours/symbols do they use?

The lights at the bottom of Chesterfield Road do help to see the road better etc.. It'll be better once they're all done then it should be consistent.

Thanks

There will be no straightforward answer to that one. Some roads will have less, some will have the same and some will have more.

A square with a number in it represents the new location and the column height.

There will be no straightforward answer to that one. Some roads will have less, some will have the same and some will have more.

A square with a number in it represents the new location and the column height.

Thank you, that's is very helpful. Knowing the height presumably enables Amey to ascertain that if someone knocks it over it won't go straight through a house window etc..

I would think the height of the column is more to do with it's harder to climb up and steal the lantern than anything else, on our estate they replaced the older 5m columns with 6m ones