New LED street lights

Good luck proving that.....definitely nothing to do with getting older or anything else which introduces any number of eye conditions? But definitely must be the LED lights or dark patches. :rolleyes:.

Overnight, or a couple of nights I doubt it, and no trouble on the roads where the lights are well spaced such as Lydgate lane

Just in case this thread has inspired anyone to report street lights of any vintage which aren't working (or have been on 24/7 for months) don't bother trying the official sheffield.gov.uk website - yesterday it let me fill in all my personal details before encountering a 'next' button which clicked but did nothing, and today it can't even manage to 'find address' from my postcode. :headbang:

A coincidence no doubt, and nothing to do with the number of street lights currently half-completed, not working, or working 24/7! :suspect:

Well, I reported the two faulty lights near to my property last night using that same website (which worked fine for me) and by 9am this morning there was a crew attending to the lights and they were fixed within half an hour. I actually couldn't believe my eyes but credit where credit's due. The website said the issue would be resolved within 24 hours and it was.

Jesus wept. New culdesac lights installed Wednesday night.

I now get what people mean about dark spots. The front of my house now looks like a helicopter is above it with a spotlight on my window. The upstairs is basically pitch black. Areas of the culdesac are far darker than previous.

The light distribution just doesn't seem right at all.

Well if any Crookes residents want to make a comparison, stand on the corner of Bute street and Crookes. The led lighting has been installed on Bute, whilst the old lights still remain on Crookes.

It seems to me that the yellow light, although not very pleasant, does penetrate and spread much better, without producing bright spots - I find you can look at the actual lamp without being dazzled. The led lighting is more pleasant, but produces bright spots - you cannot look at the lamp without being dazzled. I think this makes for a more patchy light.

I don't believe the side streets should be lit-up like Christmas, so the led light is quite adequate, but I certainly would not want one right outside my house.

Good timing but just managed to catch Amey outside my house as they'd been sent out to look at the problem I reported in June. Round and round this has gone (long story) but at least I've spoken with them now.

The light on the main road will have a side shield put on which will basically block the LED bulbs from being visible from my front room without impacting the functionality.

As for the new culdesac lighting, the ones installed are temporary - that's a relief as they stated the current temporary lighting is 4 times brighter than the ones that are due to be installed and distribute light better. That's a rather big relief.

Just in case this thread has inspired anyone to report street lights of any vintage which aren't working (or have been on 24/7 for months) don't bother trying the official sheffield.gov.uk website - yesterday it let me fill in all my personal details before encountering a 'next' button which clicked but did nothing, and today it can't even manage to 'find address' from my postcode. :headbang:

A coincidence no doubt, and nothing to do with the number of street lights currently half-completed, not working, or working 24/7! :suspect:

Well, I reported the two faulty lights near to my property last night using that same website (which worked fine for me) and by 9am this morning there was a crew attending to the lights and they were fixed within half an hour. I actually couldn't believe my eyes but credit where credit's due. The website said the issue would be resolved within 24 hours and it was.

Glad to hear that - the group of lights which have been on 24/7 for months on end last night became 0/0 lamps - failed entirely.

Will no doubt be trying my luck with the online reporting facility again!

I live in Crosspool, on a relatively short road, with a total of 6 street lights. All the lights have been replaced with the new style,but only 3 are working. The 3 on my side of the road have different tops on (not the flat plate style), there are gaping holes surrounded by barriers, and the holes are full of water. Try walking the dog in the dark and fog and try to work out where the holes are, when the barriers are down, cos its so bloomin dark and dismal. Have the council run out of money, bulbs or what cos this has been like it for a month. Someone will end up having an accident and putting in a claim!!!:rant:

Glad to hear that - the group of lights which have been on 24/7 for months on end last night became 0/0 lamps - failed entirely.

Will no doubt be trying my luck with the online reporting facility again!

Anything to do with 'Black Friday'?

Anything to do with 'Black Friday'?

From what I've seen on the news the Black Friday sales around this country would certainly have been better blacked out entirely. :(

we have new lights on our road there terrible all patchy even Amey have they are bad

OK, can anyone offer any assistance here?

I've had this issue ongoing over 6 months now and its been worstened by the ludicrous lights installed on our cul-de-sac.

Long story short, I've had over 10 calls from Streetsahead, 4 from the same person. 3 of those calls told me the exact same thing (backplate will be fitted in 2 days) over a period of 2 months - still not resolved. Amey have visited me directly twice, both times agreed its an issue and a plate would be fitted. On the last visit I was advised the lighting outside my house (fitted a few weeks back) on the cul-de-sac was temporary and new heads would be fitted at a later date. Last week I was told this was incorrect.

I even tweeted a photo to streetsahead twitter of my front room with the blinds shut and the new lights completely lighting up my front room. They asked me to direct message them via twitter with more info, I did, they replied saying they would look into this and give me a call back. I've chased them twice publicly on twitter and they've just replied saying they have no record of our direct conversation on twitter - even though they replied on 30th November.

I just don't know what to do next. Everyone I speak with agree there is an issue but I just can't get anyone to do anything about it. Funny thing is, the original problem from 6 months ago is basically nothing in comparison to the new LED lights outside my house. The new light head fitted is 4x the brightness it should be according to the Amey contractor who I saw (and said it was temporary) and also 50% brighter than the lighting installed on the main road.

There are only 2 of these lights on our culdesac with the bright LED 120w heads. All the others have some orange head on them which led us to believe when we were told they were temporary.

I'm not interested in anyone arguing the benefits of LED lighting - I get this, but the lights installed are not correct as I have been advised. But I just need to know what to do next because no amount of calls, emails or tweets is getting me anywhere

I think they are fantastic. A more pleasant ambience, brighter, clearer skies and cheaper in the long run. :)

They seem to put a lot of light into folks bedrooms. I know one or two who have had to buy black out curtains in order to sleep.