Remembrance Sunday Parade in Town

Good crowd today. The ceremony was a little dis jointed. But, imo, there is no place for all that political posturing about the many and varied cultures/communities of Sheffield. I'm not even sure if peace has anything to do with it.

Its a remembrance parade, pure and simple, lets leave it at that.

I was there today, your SENSIBLE comments please on something that came into my mind.

All the emotions we felt and think of all those who gave their lives for us.

Make a comparison between today and the events on Abbeydale Rd on Thursday evening.

Why has society developed the way it has after all the conflict that has gone before us.

I was there today, your SENSIBLE comments please on something that came into my mind.

All the emotions we felt and think of all those who gave their lives for us.

Make a comparison between today and the events on Abbeydale Rd on Thursday evening.

Why has society developed the way it has after all the conflict that has gone before us.

That's a really good question. And a very complex one. Perhaps needs a thread of its own. There's definitely a debate to be had, but maybe not here, not on this day.

Meanwhile very moved and humbled by the sacrifice of all those who gave their lives for us in conflicts around the Globe. Thankyou.

I was confused as to when the silence started.Why have they stopped the gun going off to let people know.Still a moving experience,as always.I too thought the political bit by the church was out of place.

I was confused as to when the silence started.Why have they stopped the gun going off to let people know.Still a moving experience,as always.I too thought the political bit by the church was out of place.

It was never a gun, it was a type of pyrotechnic that was let off on the City Hall roof by Royal Engineer TA.