What's Sheffield missing?

Does it have to be a commercial operation or can it be a social enterprise?

If it's the latter I'd like to see something like a 'one stop shop' where people can get support for a variety of things. Maybe have days when a CAB could run advice sessions; a café offering cheap cups of tea and toast; and that sold things (such as handmade soaps, gifts and greetings cards) that were made by service users.

I am aware that there are community centres dotted around the various districts of Sheffield, but there doesn't seem to be anything central: I remember MHAG having something on St Paul's Parade, but that was years ago now.

Edited by Mister M

A sense of humour looking at most of the local Sheffield housemates on this forum.

A sense of humour looking at most of the local Sheffield housemates on this forum.

Well inject some humour into the debates then!

Well inject some humour into the debates then!

Well you are the jester why don’t you start the ball rolling? :hihi:

rentaghost was a terrible program by the way!.

Well you are the jester why don’t you start the ball rolling? :hihi:

rentaghost was a terrible program by the way!.

Try the I'm bored section, it has, or used to have a jokes thread. Plenty of humour on there. And I loved Rentaghost and Bod. My favourite TV programmes when I was a nipper.

I think a scrap yard with big grabs and shovels making a mess :) failing that a new library which will bring peace and enchantment to the area.

As an afterthought :hihi: a short term prison for the regulars of the aforementioned street :hihi:

Try the I'm bored section, it has, or used to have a jokes thread. Plenty of humour on there. And I loved Rentaghost and Bod. My favourite TV programmes when I was a nipper.

>>> Me too!

Being Leeds

Unless you want a drink or something to eat there isn't much on West Street and you can do that elsewhere as there are catering facilities and drinking dens closer to the main shopping areas. Although I use the cobblers about 4 times a year, there are not many other reasons I'd personally stop off there, I used the stationary shop once.

Some views of the sea would be nice. I don't think we have any yet.

Some views of the sea would be nice. I don't think we have any yet.

You've read my mind Joker, I thought exactly the same thing while I was leaning on the Peace Garden railings waiting for the tide to come in.

A Mr Pretzel shop in Hillsborough would awesome, failing that a Crispy Crème shop. :nod:

Seriously though what Sheffield is missing is its extensive tram and train networks it once had; also the canal systems need to be utilised much more, and an underground like in London is something to aspire to as well.

Edited by Guest