Channel 5 Undercover Benefits Cheat - based in Sheffield

As the title says - new programme starting on Channel 5 which is being filmed in Sheffield

On Channel 5 right now Sheffield featuring in scamming why can't they find another city to film in.

Why find somewhere else? No point being in denial that this happening

Why find somewhere else? No point being in denial that this happening

I know what you mean but South Yorkshire does seem to be attracting attention for all the wrong reasons these days.

Most Sheffielders know the Hen & Chickens is a thriving nest of cockroaches, but I'm really surprised that the staff of The Bankers Draft were also tolerating drug dealing, shoplifting scum!

Even more shame heaped on the good name of Sheffield.

Its just created a market for all those "facilities" that most people didn't know existed!

Unfortunately Sheffield is not only home to honest law abiding people it also home to some individuals who don't give a #£@%!

And everyone on benefits will be tarred with the same brush (the sole reason for these type of programs). :mad:

Benefit cheats are an absolutely miniscule drain on public money - it barely even registers next to the tax avoidance of huge companies like Starbucks, Vodafone, Amazon, Google yet I don't see many Channel 5 documentaries on this. However, it's easy to put a face to benefit cheats and everyone can easily get behind hating someone who looks scruffy and like they're from a council estate.

I did not see at what point they were benefit cheats, or am I missing something ?

Unless they are now claiming that the black market and criminal activity is a part of the means testing when it comes to benefit claims ?

Criminal activity has no bearing on a claim, how would you even be able to take it into an account if someone is able to support themselves or not ?

Its a Criminal program that they have wrapped in the benefit banner in order to further stigmatise.

Unfortunately Sheffield is not only home to honest law abiding people it also home to some individuals who don't give a #£@%!

Like any town or city then. Hardly a newsflash.