Britain's richest MP forcing people from their homes!

I was under the impression that it was an investment fund that was buying them, and that he was a minor investor in this fund.

I was under the impression that it was an investment fund that was buying them, and that he was a minor investor in this fund.

That's correct. In fact the majority of the estate is owned by an investment fund. But hey, this is Sheffield Forum. Facts will never get in the way of a good tory bashing thread.

That's correct. In fact the majority of the estate is owned by an investment fund. But hey, this is Sheffield Forum. Facts will never get in the way of a good tory bashing thread.

I agree, we do enjoy a bit of Tory bashing on here.

Without wading through the whole thread...why was housing bequeathed to "social housing" sold off to a multinational hedge fund?

Without wading through the whole thread...why was housing bequeathed to "social housing" sold off to a multinational hedge fund?

Opportunity Knocks for these entrepreneurs.

Solved with an eviction order for none payment of rent which will make it much harder for the tenants to acquire an new property.

Sorry to pee on your parade old chap.

http://www.newburytoday.co.uk/2014/newbury-mps-family-firm-pull-out-of-new-era-estate-following-eviction-row

As Bart Simpson might have said...EAT MY SHORTS!

Because no bequeathing was involved AFAIK.

Irrelevant. It's still wrong.

Irrelevant. It's still wrong.

I think you will find its very relevant. The whole focus and title of this thread totally misleading.

The MP in question is NOT forcing people out of their homes. Private rent is charged at a rate for a set period. When that period expires the rate may either go up, go down or remain the same. As a tenant its your decision how you deal with it. Private RENTAL means just that. RENTAL - its not yours. You have no claim on it. You have no ownership of it. How many more times do I have to say this. If you cannot afford to stay there anymore - move.

The MP in question has a stake in a company which itself has a small stake in the properties concerned. A piddle amount of actual personal control (if any whatsoever) as to what happens to the business interests of the property. But of course he is the one being put under the witch hunt because he happens to be an MP. Its bullying.

90% that's 90% is owned by an investment group which has nothing whatsoever to do with the MPs business thus nothing to do whatsoever with the MP being subjected to this stupid thread.

If you have a 1/10 stake in something - how much actual power and decision making do you really think you have?

Shame on the council for selling these buildings to private owenership in the first place - YES

Shame on the complaining residents for reaping the rewards for years of massively subsidised rates when their neighbours have had to pay full whack - YES

Shame on attention seeking, hypocrite, multi millionaire, multi property owners like Band for sticking their beak into an issue which they neither knows about or have any involvement with causing a predictable tabloid poo stir and unnecessary attacks on an individual and business for doing exactly what businesses and investment groups are supposed to do - YES

Care to actually bother to flesh why you insist, despite the alleged irrelevance that its "still wrong" ??

Edited by ECCOnoob

Some people "constantly" use over generalisations and such!

All bankers!

All corporations!

All Politicians!

All parties!

etc, etc, etc

They even don't exist on any political spectrum they are soooo special!

I think you will find its very relevant. The whole focus and title of this thread totally misleading.

The MP in question is NOT forcing people out of their homes. Private rent is charged at a rate for a set period. When that period expires the rate may either go up, go down or remain the same. As a tenant its your decision how you deal with it. Private RENTAL means just that. RENTAL - its not yours. You have no claim on it. You have no ownership of it. How many more times do I have to say this. If you cannot afford to stay there anymore - move.

The MP in question has a stake in a company which itself has a small stake in the properties concerned. A piddle amount of actual personal control (if any whatsoever) as to what happens to the business interests of the property. But of course he is the one being put under the witch hunt because he happens to be an MP. Its bullying.

90% that's 90% is owned by an investment group which has nothing whatsoever to do with the MPs business thus nothing to do whatsoever with the MP being subjected to this stupid thread.

If you have a 1/10 stake in something - how much actual power and decision making do you really think you have?

Shame on the council for selling these buildings to private owenership in the first place - YES

Shame on the complaining residents for reaping the rewards for years of massively subsidised rates when their neighbours have had to pay full whack - YES

Shame on attention seeking, hypocrite, multi millionaire, multi property owners like Band for sticking their beak into an issue which they neither knows about or have any involvement with causing a predictable tabloid poo stir and unnecessary attacks on an individual and business for doing exactly what businesses and investment groups are supposed to do - YES

Care to actually bother to flesh why you insist, despite the alleged irrelevance that its "still wrong" ??

I've told you many times on this thread why it's wrong. I still stand by those reasons. Regardless of the amount of share interest he holds, or the other family members that are involved. He's part of the consortium, he's involved, he's wealthy enough to make other investments, ones that aren't at the cost of other people's living standards.