Forgot to send my drivers licence off for endorsement points.

Back in August I received a fine for speeding. Which I admitted to and paid the fine.

The day I was to send off my licence to the dvla so they could put the endorsement points on. Someone hit my car which lead me to completely forgetting to send it off. 2 weeks ago I received a check through the post saying 'speeding penalty revert'. Yesterday I received a letter to attend court regarding this issue.

What will happen? Can anyone give me some advice.

Thank you

Back in August I received a fine for speeding. Which I admitted to and paid the fine.

The day I was to send off my licence to the dvla so they could put the endorsement points on. Someone hit my car which lead me to completely forgetting to send it off. 2 weeks ago I received a check through the post saying 'speeding penalty revert'. Yesterday I received a letter to attend court regarding this issue.

What will happen? Can anyone give me some advice.

Thank you

Are you a new driver?

Did you pay the fine online? I think they have returned your fee because you haven't sent in both parts of your licence (plastic card and counterpart). I would contact the DVLA to check what you need to do before your court date.

You can try and clear it up with the DVLA, but I cant imagine it will be sorted out before the court hearing. Make a note of whatever the DVLA say to do.

Check with the court on the number on the summons.

I expect unless you have proof its been cleared up, then tou will have to attend and explain what has happened there. They will be most intersted if the delay and extra points will have tipped you over the limit.

Just explain to the court you forgot and that you have or are in the process of rectifying the matter. Take evidence of this. Plus what woofy said re online payment. They just wnat to find out what happened.

The fact you havent done anything about the letter shows you as a dipstick.

This happened to my brother some years ago. He went to court fearing the worst and it was all done in half an hour. He told them he sent it in but it must have got lost in the post. He was asked why he didnt have proof of posting and he told them he didnt know he had to. I dont remember what happened with the fine as he didnt tell me about that just the court saga.

OP, dont fret. Itll all be fine :)

He was asked why he didnt have proof of posting and he told them he didnt know he had to.

You shouldn't really need to be told. You're sending important documents and you're relying on it being delivered properly ;) For stuff like this you NEED proof of posting.

You shouldn't really need to be told. You're sending important documents and you're relying on it being delivered properly ;) For stuff like this you NEED proof of posting.

I agree. I never send anything valuable without proof of sending.

Does anyone know if I can sort this out now so I can avoid going to court?

Does anyone know if I can sort this out now so I can avoid going to court?

Give DVLA a ring and ask them

0300 790 6801

You sure you haven't received anything else previously requesting you send your licence in? A similar* thing happened to my wife and she received her a letter giving her 14 days to send in her counterpart.

jb

* The issue number on her counterpart was different to that on her licence.

You sure you haven't received anything else previously requesting you send your licence in? A similar* thing happened to my wife and she received her a letter giving her 14 days to send in her counterpart.

jb

* The issue number on her counterpart was different to that on her licence.

No I paid my fine. Forgot to send my licence off stupidly.

Received a cheque through with my money back then this letter for court summons. I thought they may have sent me a letter first before this summons